Advanced French Plus
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To consolidate and expand on the contents delivered in the advanced level of the language.
- To enable students to develop more advanced oral skills.
This module runs during the second semester and is aimed at students with prior knowledge of French. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class. By the end of this course students will approach level B1-B2 Threshold as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
(1) Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
An understanding of the following topics and functions: - Talking about oneself and others: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time both in the present and in the past - Giving and understanding information about age, weight, height, appearance - Comparisons - Applying for jobs - Making plans
An understanding of the following grammar: - Present and past tenses - Relative clauses - Future tense - Reflexive verbs - Modal verbs - Comparisons - Direct and indirect object pronouns - Order of pronouns - Imperative - The conditional - The passive
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week for 10 weeks
Students will be given homework each week to complete. They will also prepare for two exams.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio