Advanced Italian Plus
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To introduce students to the advanced level of the language.
- To enable students to develop more advanced oral skills.
This module runs during the first semester and is aimed at students with prior knowledge of Italian. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class. By the end of this course students will approach level B1-B2 as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
(1) Level B1-B2: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
An understanding of the following grammar - Present tense: revision - Perfect tense: revision - Imperfect - Reflexive verbs - Modal verbs - Comparisons - Direct and indirect object pronouns - Order of pronouns - Time expressions
An understanding of the following topics and functions: - Talking about oneself and others: family, daily routine, preferences, likes/dislikes, hobbies and free time both in present and in the past. - Giving and understanding information about age, weight, height, appearance. - Comparisons - Understanding descriptions of people and places - Recounting series of events
|Week 5 Exam||30.00|
|Week 10 Exam||70.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week for 10 weeks
Students will be given homework each week to complete. They will also prepare for two exams.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio