Advanced Chinese Language Skills
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Shasha Wang
to consolidate the key areas of advanced grammar, further develop both vocabulary and range of language structures, and increase levels of reading ability.
to develop oral and aural skills to a high standard through further exposure to a wide range of audio visual material.
to further develop advanced translation skills into and out of Chinese.
to develop and refine advanced skills in structured formal essay writing and paraphrasing tasks.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving C1/C2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
This 40 credit module running throughout the year consolidates the grammar learned in the previous years and develop both vocabulary and range of language structures at an advanced level. It will further develop active and passive language skills, including comprehension skills in listening, productive skills in speaking, reading and writing. It will also further deepen students’ understanding of the culture, history and society of China and develop students’ awareness of the social, cultural and historical background of Chinese-speaking countries and regions. The skills students have mastered will match the standard of final year linguists.
40-49%: A limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a limited ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Basic oral and aural competence.
50-69%: A good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a good ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Good oral and aural competence.
70+%: An excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and an excellent ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Excellent oral and aural competence.
be able to communicate effectively and fluently, both orally and in writing, for social and professional purposes, and produce clear and detailed written texts on a range of subjects;
be able to translate and interpret in and out of Chinese
be able to analyse wide variety of topics related to Chinese culture, history and society through, expressing arguments clearly and concisely using a wide range of appropriate structures.
have acquired an advanced level of Chinese language skills;
be able to demonstrate competence in the use of advanced grammatical structures of Chinese;
be able to read and comprehend a wide range of longer and complex written texts on both concrete and abstract topics in Chinese;
|Book/Film Review Oral Presentation||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1 hour x translation per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 hour x writing and aural skills per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 hour x conversation skills per week for 11 weeks per semester
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in sophisticated written assignments in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.14)
- The ability to translate sophisticated passages into and out of the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Engaging with, interpreting and critically evaluating short and longer contemporary texts (short stories, films, novel) in the target language (Benchmark statement 5. 8, and 5.9)
- Fully proficient to skilful oral communication and presentation skills (including delivery and argument development, discussion and defence) in the target language through individual and/or group discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in oral assignments, showing adroitness with a very wide range of topics and registers in formal and informal situations. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Further develop aural comprehension skills in the target language, supported by a wide range of appropriate materials in different media. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to read, understand and summarise more sophisticated written texts in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to extract and synthesise key information from written and spoken sources in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.14)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/lzc-3040.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- T111: BA Chinese and French with German year 4 (BA/CHFG)
- T112: BA Chinese & French with Italian year 4 (BA/CHFI)
- T113: BA Chinese & French with Spanish year 4 (BA/CHFS)
- T114: BA Chinese and German with French year 4 (BA/CHGF)
- T115: BA Chinese & German with Italian year 4 (BA/CHGI)
- T116: BA Chinese & German with Spanish year 4 (BA/CHGS)
- T117: BA Chinese & Italian with French year 4 (BA/CHIF)
- T118: BA Chinese & Italian with German year 4 (BA/CHIG)
- T119: BA Chinese & Italian with Spanish year 4 (BA/CHIS)
- T120: BA Chinese & Spanish with French year 4 (BA/CHSF)
- T121: BA Chinese & Spanish with German year 4 (BA/CHSG)
- T122: BA Chinese & Spanish with Italian year 4 (BA/CHSI)