Personal Development Plan for Postgraduate Researchers
Personal Development Planning is a structured and supported process undertaken by an individual to reflect upon their own learning, performance and/or achievement and to plan for their personal, educational and career development.
The primary purpose of a PDP (Personal Development Plan) is to help you to:
- Develop in a wider variety of ways and a wider range of contexts.
- Recognise and be able to list evidence for your own learning and therefore the progress you are making.
- Draw upon and use your expanded personal knowledge to achieve particular goals.
- Review, plan and take responsibility for your own development.
By working through this PDP, you should be able to:
- Identify your training/learning needs
- Work out how to address those needs
- Construct an evidence-based record to demonstrate your acquired skills and competencies to potential employers.
Documents to download