Armed Forces Covenant
The University recognises the value Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reservists, Veterans and military families contribute to our University, our community, and our country.
The University is part of a network of over 400 employers in Wales, who have pledged support to our Armed Forces community. This signals the University’s commitment in ensuring that those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
Those who serve in the Armed Forces, whether Regular or Reserve, those who have served in the past, and their families, will face no disadvantage in our recruitment selection practices. We welcome applications from those individuals, recognising, and placing value of military skills and qualifications.
The University also fully supports any employees in their roles as Reservists, it is our policy (link) to support Reservists and provide them with the time to ensure they are able to commit to their Reservist duties, granting additional paid leave for annual Reserve Forces training and supporting any mobilisations and deployment.
Whether serving as a reservist, a veteran, or member of a military family you will join a University with excellent terms and conditions of employment, encompassing;
- A generous annual leave entitlement;
- access to training and development opportunities;
- a coaching and mentoring provision;
- a dynamic Working framework where, dependent on the nature of the role, provides the ability to balance work and personal commitments;
- occupational pension schemes;
- a range of salary sacrifice benefits such as cycle to work scheme, ability to purchase additional annual leave, and a range of discounts across sector such as retail, leisure, and hospitality.
Should you be successful in your application, we also have a wealth of information and resources available for new staff members HERE, and a comprehensive induction programme will be made available to you.