Information for Staff
Occupational Health encourages managers to seek advice on how to best support staff with health problems, which may may be having an impact on their anility to work. If you have concerns about your health and your ability to undertake your role, you can request that you be referred to Occupational Health via your line manager. Human Resources are also able to make a referral on your behalf for advice. The aim is to provide a useful opinion regarding your fitness for work and any support that you might need now or in the future.
Sickness Absence Management
The Sickness Absence Policy and Procedure exists to provide a fair and consistent approach to the management of sickness absence in the workplace.
Staff Guidance on referrals
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about the referral process from staff:
Who is Occupational Health?
What is Occupational Health (OH)?
What is an OH Assessment?
Why do I need an OH Assessment?
Do I have to attend an OH Assessment?
Now that I am scheduled to attend OH Assessment – what happens next?
What information is passed to the line manager?
How are my confidential OH records maintained?
Do I have the right of access to the OH reports or other information written about me?
You have the right to see any information we hold about you in your (occupational) health record. To do so, you can request copies of the information held by requesting a subject access request form available on the following web pages:
If you believe any of the information held is inaccurate or misleading you can request that an amendment is attached to the health record.
Will there be any need for you to contact my GP or Hospital specialist?
Under some circumstances the OH professional may write to your GP with your consent giving information about the outcome of your OH assessment. This can be particularly helpful where there are clinical findings or work arrangements that the OH professional believes your GP should be informed of.
What should I bring with me to the assessment?
- Your appointment letter
- A list of the medication that you have been taking
- Glasses and/or contact lenses, if worn
- Any other information that you think may be relevant to your assessment
Occupational Health Staff Survey
The survey can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Other Useful links
- Stress Management Toolkit
- Staff Counselling - this is a free, confidential service that is available to all staff.
- Able Futures - Mental Health Support (Please note the following guides are from an external body and therefore available in English only.)
- Check out Canolfan Brailsford webpages for monthly activities available to all staff to participate in a variety of active staff classes