Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Clinical Academics

A clinical academic would normally:

  • have a substantive academic contract of employment with an HEI;
  • be required, as a condition of their employment, to hold GMC or GDC registration;
  • and have, where relevant, a licence to practise.

Many clinical academics provide services and/or have patient contact with a partner NHS body under an ‘honorary contract’. Sometimes the clinical academic will work with more than one NHS body and have several honorary contracts.

Because of their links to the NHS, clinical academic terms and conditions of employment are different to other higher education academics and support staff.

Please find below further information in relation to clinical academic arrangements between Bangor University and the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board: