Dr Osian Rees
- Dr Osian Rees
- Senior Lecturer in Law (part-time)
- 01248 383217
- Academic Registry, Main Arts
Dr Osian Rees graduated with an LLB (First Class Honours) from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, where he subsequently went on to complete his PhD. He was appointed as Lecturer in Law at Bangor Law School in 2004, and as Senior Lecturer in Law in 2013. In 2015, he was appointed Chair of Bangor University’s Quality Assurance and Validation Task Group and Head of the Quality Assurance and Validation Unit. Dr Rees currently teaches in Bangor Law School on a part-time basis, and is module Leader for Land Law. His research interests relate to children’s rights and devolution in Wales.
- ‘Children’s Commissioners’ in Williams, J (ed), The UNCRC in Wales, (University of Wales Press, 2013).
- ‘Gwersi o Ogledd Iwerddon: Awdurdodaeth Gymreig a Dyfodol Addysg Gyfreithiol yng Nghymru’ (2013) 16 Gwerddon 41 (with Huw Pritchard).
- ‘Devolution and family law in Wales: a potential for doing things differently? (2012) 33 Statute Law Review 192
- ‘Section 2(5) of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989: a misconceived approach?’ (with Gwilym Owen)  The Conveyancer and Property Lawyer 495
- ‘Dealing with individual cases: an essential role for national human rights institutions for children?’ (2010) 18 International Journal of Children's Rights 417
- ‘Devolution and the Children's Commissioner for Wales: challenges and opportunities’ (2010) 23 Contemporary Wales 52
- ‘Family and child law in Wales: recent developments’ (2010) 40 (2) Family Law 186
- ‘Devolution and the development of family law in Wales’ (2008) 20 (1) Child and Family Law Quarterly 45