Welcome to the School
We offer one of the largest number of options of any UK music department, covering every aspect of the subject. You can shape your degree course to reflect your interests and strengths.
Bangor’s School of Music has a lively and expanding postgraduate community in all areas of our research expertise. Come and join us!
Our world leading research
Our research active staff members follow a wide range of research interests in musicology, composition and performance. In the last RAE (2014), almost a third of our research outputs were rated as ‘World-leading’
- Bangor Filmmaking students chart ‘mind-blowing’ Eisteddfod performance
25 October 2018
- Bangor University hosts Music Masterclasses in China
17 October 2018
- Careers and Employability Fair
11 October 2018
- Fulbright enables Triple Harp research
2 October 2018
- The launch of a 'unique reference book on Welsh music'
28 September 2018
- Online disinformation campaigns ‘will get worse’ says Bangor professor
6 August 2018
- Read all news
- Research methods at the boundaries of the arts, humanities and social sciences
Thursday 29 November 2018, 10:00–12:00
- A Summer of Discovery in Wales
Monday 3 December 2018, 17:00–19:00
- View all events