Algorithm Design with MATLAB
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Ludmila Kuncheva
To present algorithmic problem solving techniques and give the students background in MATLAB (matrix and image manipulation, game elements, 2-d graphics and animation, random sampling), sufficient for programming small algorithms.
• Introduction to MATLAB. Matrix construction and manipulation. Logical expressions and loops.
• Functions. MATLAB graphics – simple 2D plots. Image representation and manipulation in MATLAB. Animation in MATLAB.
• Random sampling with and without replacement. MATLAB tools: rand, randn, randperm. Game elements in MATLAB: sounds and timing. Data description (mean, median, histogram)
• GUI elements - positioning of axes, push buttons; callback functions
Cyswllt Canlyniad dysgu i Meini Prawf
40% The student has basic understanding of MATLAB and is able to program simple algorithms with some external help.
60% The student has a solid understanding of MATLAB, and is able to program a variety of simple algorithms.
70% The student has excellent understanding of MATLAB. They are able to structure and program complex algorithms.
Programme simple GUI
|Program a basic GUI.||Program an intricate GUI with internal call back functions.||Program a GUI with external callback functions|
Handle matrices in MATLAB (construct, subsample, reshape) Understand and use logical expressions and loops in MATLAB
|Construct and handle vectors and matrices. Use elementary logical expressions and loops.||Skilfully manipulate matrices and vectors. Construct sophisticated logical operations and loops.||Excellent understanding and ability to manipulate matrices: sub-sample, expand and use in expressions. Knowledge of loops and their proper use in MATLAB.|
Write MATLAB script and functions for matrix and image manipulation, graphics and simple animation.
|Perform simple image manipulations. Understand basic animation in 2D.||Use functions, create animation, and handle matrices and images.||Excellent understanding ability to perform sophisticated image operations and write MATLAB functions.|
Understand random sampling. Construct simple games using MATLAB. Use simple data description functions.
|Understand sampling with and without replacement. Draw a random sample from a simple array. Calculate simple statistics.||Draw a random sample from a 2D array and from an image. Program games based on random text permutation and 2D graphics using mouse control and timing.||Excellent knowledge and skills about sampling from matrices, mouse control and programming simple games.|
Learn to program simple algorithms in MATLAB.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
22 hours over 12 weeks
20 hours over 12 weeks
Revision after the lectures and preparation for the labs and the exam.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Development of general transferable skills
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
The book has been made available in pdf in Blackboard.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/icp-2021.html
A Matlab Exercise Book Paperback – 18 Jun 2014 by Ludmila Kuncheva (Author), Cameron Gray (Contributor)
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H612: BEng Computer Systs Eng (3 yrs) year 2 (BENG/CSE)
- H61B: BEng Computer Sys Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BENG/CSE1)
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 2 (BSC/CS)
- G40B: BSc Computer Science (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/CS1)
- H64B: BSc Computer Sys Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BSC/CSE1)
- H603: BSc Computer Systems Engineering year 2 (BSC/CSENG)
- GN41: BSC Computer Science for Business year 2 (BSC/CSFB)
- GN4B: BSc Computer Science for Business (4 year with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CSFB1)
- I102: BSc Computer Science (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/CSIE)
- H611: BSc Electronic Engineering year 2 (BSC/ELE)
- H63B: BSc Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BSC/ELE1)
- H661: MEng Control and Instrumentation Engineering year 2 (MENG/CIE)
- H617: MEng Computer Systs Eng (4 yrs) year 2 (MENG/CSE)
- H619: MEng Computer Systems Engineering (with International Exper) year 2 (MENG/CSEIE)