Computer Graphics 2 Algorithms
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Jonathan Roberts
To teach fundamental computer graphics algorithms and techniques for modelling computer graphics, and enable students to gain skills to code graphics programs, and understand fundamental algorithmic concepts that can be applied across computer science. For example, rasterisation, and coherence are all algorithmic principles that have wide application throughout computer science.
- The graphics process; reference model for computer graphics systems; raster display systems;
- Graphics libraries; state-machine model; transformations; primitives and attributes
- Application areas; entertainment, games, films, research questions.
- Drawing shapes; points, lines, circles and ellipses;
- Rasterisation and filling; line styles; Bresenham’s algorithm; filling algorithms; coherence.
- Transformations and projections; translation, rotation, scaling, shearing, 3d viewing, clipping
- Rendering, 3D visible surface determination, z-buffer, lights/surfaces, illumination models, materials, colour, shading, textures, antialiasing, double-buffering.
Cyswllt Canlyniad dysgu i Meini Prawf
Have a knowledge and understanding of the structure of computer graphics system, from modelling to rendering and understand the main features of a graphics library, including transformations, primitives and attributes.
|Have a good understanding of the concepts for modelling and generation of computer graphics.||Excellent knowledge of modelling and generation of computer graphics.||Understand the concepts for modelling and generation of computer graphics.|
Able to demonstrate understanding of the composition of a typical graphics library, and discuss how computer graphics is currently used, and what its use may be in the future.
|Can explain basic graphics library operations and discuss how computer graphics is used today.||Can explain the basic operations of a graphics library (such as OpenGL).||Can discuss different opportunities for libraries, graphics and challenges thereof in the future.|
Identify and illustrate the key parts of graphics rendering (especially z-buffer and ray tracing), and explain the fundamental aspects of the illumination model and lighting techniques for rendering, and identify challenges of rendering and compare different solutions.
|Good understanding of rendering and identify various challenges with different algorithms.||Can illustrate the main principles of rendering.||Excellent and comprehensive understanding of rendering, and able to understand main differences between z-buffer and ray tracer.|
Understand and demonstrate fundamental principles of rasterisation, and illustrate rasterisation principles of key algorithms such as line-drawing and geometry filling algorithms. Able to apply these concepts to computer graphics.
|Can describe the basic concepts of rasterisation.||Can write computer programs that generate two-dimensional graphics and describe some limitations.||Can write appropriate software that demonstrates excellent knowledge of these concepts and know the limitations of the algorithms.|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
20 hours over 12 weeks
24 hours over 12 weeks
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Problem solving strategies
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Development of general transferable skills
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 2 (BSC/CS)
- G40B: BSc Computer Science (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/CS1)
- I102: BSc Computer Science (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/CSIE)
- GW49: BSC Creative Technologies year 2 (BSC/CT)