Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Cameron Gray
Familiarise students with computer software, tools and techniques. Support taught courses by looking at practical examples that highlight important computer science concepts. Develop logical problems solving skills.
• Intermediate level programming exercises using C#. Continuing use of an appropriate software development environment.
• Introduction to SQL databases available and configuration of an SQL database.
• Building a database structure in an embedded SQL database and populating the tables with a set of data provided
• Use of library classes; e.g. lists, stacks, queues, maps, sets, trees; definition of new data types; classes as attributes; encapsulation.
• Understanding the exception mechanisms found in C#. try-catch statements.
• Windows GUIs with WPF applications.
• Investigate and utilize advanced features. E.g. Sockets, Threading and Events.
Cyswllt Canlyniad dysgu i Meini Prawf
Intermediate Programming Skills using C#.
|Understanding of intermediate level programming concepts. Can design, build and optimize non trivial programs using C#||Knowledge of intermediate level programming concepts. Can write trivial programs using C#||Mastery of intermediate level programming concepts. Can reliably construct, compile and debug non-trivial C# programs.|
Ability to follow a development process, from design to testing.
|Complete a basic process to produce a working piece of software.||Follow the basic process, completing all documentation to produce working, tested software.||Select an appropriate process, complete all necessary documentation to produce working, tested software. Able to use another's documentation to complete testing of another's application.|
Ability to use SQL statements to create and manipulate a database
|Ability to create tables, insert and retrieve data within a database.||Create relational tables and insert data into them and retrieve specific data using complex queries||Mastery of the SQL syntax, producing optimized database implementations and efficient queries|
Make use of classes found in the .NET framework.
|Uses a variety of library classes found in the .NET framework.||Can create Lists, populate them, retrieve and utilize data from them.||Is able to investigate the .NET framework documentation to discover existing solutions to problems and avoid having to implement already existing classes.|
Exception handling / Robust programming
|Can design solutions to potential exceptions that provide diagnostic output||Can handle run-time exceptions||Can make programs that are extremely robust to potential exceptions and provide programmatic solutions.|
Graphical User Interfaces
|Can provide simple graphical input and output solutions utilizing buttons and text boxes.||Can make a program that is in some way controlled by a graphical user interface.||Can produce advanced user interface solutions that makes use of graphics and dynamic input.|
Understanding of the types of software testing, how to construct appropriate defect reports and their uses to limit the number of defects in software.
|Can construct a test-plan to be followed by a human tester.||Utilises unit tests to provide automated testing of individual components in addition to human testing.||Provides a full unit test suite, uses additional automated testing for integration tests as well as human black-box and open-box testing.|
Ability to capture requirements and convert those into the appropriate application logic, using intermediary pseudo-code where necessary.
|Can describe a set of user requirements accurately.||Describes user requirements succinctly using the MoSCoW priority system and can convert these requirements into broad brush algorithms in pseudo code.||Accurately describes requirements with priorities and converts them through pseudo code to the final C# code with appropriate detail where necessary.|
|Syntax Class Test||22|
|Development Portfolio - Documentation||78|
|Final Program Listings||0|
|Test Plan Exercise||0|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Taught material including syntax, algorithmics and problem analysis.
Laboratory exercises and drills.
Individual research and reading based on sign-posted material.
Development, construction, documentation and testing of the students' portfolio work.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- System Design
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/icp-2052.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
- ICP-3033: Operating Systems & Networks
- ICP-3042: New Technologies
- ICP-3123: Internet Tech for E-Commerce
- ICP-3025: Apps Artificial Intelligence
Cydofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 2 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 2 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CISB1)