Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
30 Credyd neu 15 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Prof Ludmila Kuncheva
To pursue an in-depth study of the project topic; to carry out an independent investigation of some aspect of the topic; to learn and understand legal, social, ethical and professional issues; to give an account of this study and investigation in the form of a dissertation; to prepare and present work to a wider audience.
Project topics are usually in the following areas: databases, data analysis, artificial intelligence, computer graphics, gaming, virtual environments, computer vision, visualisation, pattern recognition, e-technology, communication systems, real time systems, distributed networks, robotics.
Cyswllt Canlyniad dysgu i Meini Prawf
40% Reasonable work done. Passable dissertation (right volume, structure, and formatting)
60% Solid amount of work. Good account given in the dissertation.
70% Substantial amount of work. Excellent structure of the dissertation. Depth of understanding of the subject clearly shown. The student has demonstrated excellent technical abilities.
Exercise personal initiative to attain a clear objective within a specified time.
|The student has worked conscientiously and has a reasonable number of results/ achievements to report. The project has some minor flaws but most of the problems have been identified.||The student has shown both good judgment and skill in the methods chosen to complete the objectives. The student has made a significant contribution to the work and the project is correct in almost every respect.||The student has driven the project hard, fully understands the theoretical background. Possibly the foundations for a research project and publishable in a workshop or conference.|
Present clear and detailed reports and a dissertation.
|The presentational aspects of the talk and dissertation were generally good, but there are some deficiencies.||Presentational aspects are very good. Dissertation and talk all well presented.||The presentational aspects of the talk and dissertation are exceptionally clear and presented in a professional manner.|
Investigate new areas of subject knowledge, organize data and solve new problems.
|Uses standard resources and basic techniques to obtained required information. Can research and apply new methodologies to analyse data. Understanding and knowledge are sufficient to undertake most tasks.||An enquiring approach to problem solving and an ability to select appropriate methods and applications demonstrated. Sound understanding and significant knowledge||An enquiring and innovative approach to problem solving and an awareness of theory and application limitations. An ability to research and apply new methods.|
Summarise and communicate the work to supervisor and peers.
|Excellent and inspiring summary and presentation||Reasonable summary and presentation skills.||Good, clear summary and presentation|
|Oral Presentation and DEMO||10|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Introduction to the module. Subsequent lectures on literature search, research methods, LaTeX, scientific writing, etc.
Compulsory 1/2 hour weekly meetings; could be one-to-one, or group meetings, as arranged by the supervisor
Work towards achieving the project goals, writing the dissertation, preparing the poster and the oral presentation.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge of management techniques to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of information security issues
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Recognise risk/safety for safe operation of computing equipment
- Development of general transferable skills
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- System Design
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 3 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 3 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CISB1)
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 3 (BSC/CS)
- G40B: BSc Computer Science (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/CS1)
- GN41: BSC Computer Science for Business year 3 (BSC/CSFB)
- GN4B: BSc Computer Science for Business (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CSFB1)
- I102: BSc Computer Science (with International Experience) year 4 (BSC/CSIE)
- GW49: BSC Creative Technologies year 3 (BSC/CT)