JXH-2029 Practical Land Based II
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mr Llion Morris
Acquire the skills and knowledge associated with the use of the rope during a variety of land-based adventure activities.
Understand how the quality of preparation and reflective follow-up affects the safety and learning outcomes of group-based adventure activities.
Develop the ability to contribute positively to a group and to make safe, sustainable decisions in relation to the varied outdoor environments in which they are operating.
In addition, the specific activity skills and knowledge taught will include:
- Environment specific hazards
- Activity specific equipment
- Anchor selection
- Combining Anchors
- Route Choice
- Multi-pitch climbing
- Roped scrambling
To be awarded A- or above, students must demonstrate that they consistently make very effective, positive contributions to their group’s experience during participation in a range of land based activities. At this level, students can, with accuracy and insight, assess and analyse their own development needs using advanced and/or novel reflection techniques with respect to one land based activity in which the rope is used. In text citations and reference list formatting is to departmental guidelines without errors or omissions.
To be awarded B- or above, students must be able to demonstrate that they make regular and effective contributions to their group’s experience during participation in a range of land based activities. Students at this level can, with a good degree of accuracy, assess their own development needs using simple reflection techniques with respect to one land based activity in which the rope is used. In text citations and reference list formatting is to departmental guidelines with some errors or omissions.
To be awarded a pass mark D- students must be able to demonstrate, that they can sometimes contribute positively, at a basic level, to their group’s experience during participation in a range of land based activities. At threshold level students can perform a rudimentary assessment of their own development needs in respect of one land-based activity in which the rope is used. In text citations and reference list formatting is not to departmental guidelines with multiple errors or omissions.
NB. Practical sessions are compulsory. If they are missed without mitigating circumstances then you may fail the module.
Contribute positively to a group, while roped scrambling, outdoor rock-climbing and sea level traversing
Identify, understand and react appropriately to the environmentally sensitive and technically demanding situations encountered while undertaking roped adventurous land-based activities.
Accurately assess their own development needs with respect to a land-based adventure activity involving the use of the rope.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- plan and design practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- undertake fieldwork with continuous regard for safety and risk assessment.
- develop transferable skills of relevance to careers outside of sport, health and exercise sciences.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
You will need to look in the landbased section of Blackboard. The reading list is under “reading list” in the resource section.