Planning your Coaching System
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Effective planning is integral to modern-day coaching. The aim of this module is to support students to engage in planning their coaching systems in line with contemporary models of talent development. The most effective sporting systems are those that consider and plan for multidisciplinary factors including technical, tactical and emotional development of athletes. This module will provide small-group opportunities for students to develop these skills in a more practical setting.
The course will be delivered by a UKCC Level 4 qualified Coach. Content will cover pathway planning in relation to contemporary models of talent development. Students will be supported to develop coaching systems that are underpinned by reflective practice and coaching philosophy. Planning will consider the more holistic pathway in relation to technical, tactical and emotional athlete development as well as individualised programme development and working with parents in sport. Lectures will be supported by workshops, seminars and practicals.
Students should be able to plan well to support the technical, tactical and emotional development of athletes. Planning should be supported by very good critical reflection of the literature and how this can inform applied practice. The development of effective coaching systems should be underpinned with core values and philosophy. Attention to detail with regards to planning and implementation is very good.
Students should be able to plan effectively to support the technical, tactical and emotional development of athletes. Planning should be supported by in-depth, critical reflection of the literature and how this can inform applied practice. The development of effective coaching systems should be underpinned with well-thought out core values and philosophy. Attention to detail with regards to planning and implementation is exceptional and goes above and beyond the norm.
Students should be able to plan to support the technical, tactical and emotional development of athletes. Planning should be supported by literature and theory and how this can be used to inform applied practice. The development of effective coaching systems should be underpinned with basic level of reflection on core values and philosophy. Attention to detail with regards to planning and implementation is satisfactory.
Critique relevant literature and theory, which can be used to inform the development of effective coaching systems in relation to technical, tactical and emotional athlete development.
Plan and apply an individual coaching philosophy that can be implemented within a sporting pathway. This should be idealistic, flexible, practically useful, and credible.
Demonstrate 'interdisciplinary thinking' in relation to planning pathways that consider the importance of working in teams when coaching. This may be in relation to working closely with sports psychologists, strength and conditioning coaches and / or parents.
Demonstrate the ability to develop multidisciplinary coaching plans that consider both the pathway as a whole as well as individual athlete development.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Class time will consist of a combination of lectures, individual exercises, group discussions and formative assignment practice.
Workshops will support lectures to provide more 'hands-on' practical learning and application of theory to practice.
Reading time, preparing and completing assessments.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- research and assess paradigms, theories, principles, concepts and factual information, and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- develop a sustained reasoned argument, perhaps challenging previously held assumptions
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- plan and design practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical basis of scientific paradigms
- develop transferable skills of relevance to careers outside of sport, health and exercise sciences.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
- develop justifiable and/or evidence-based interventions
- develop effective learning aids
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxh-3082.html
Cassidy, T., Jones, R.L., & Potrac, P. (2004). Understanding sports coaching: the social, cultural and pedagogical foundations of coaching practice. London: Routledge.
Gilbert, W. (2016). *Coaching better every season. A year-round system for athlete development and program success. Human Kinetics: Champaign Il.
Wilcox, S., & Trudel, P. (1998). ‘Constructing the coaching principles and beliefs of a youth ice hockey coach’. Avante, 4, 39–66.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C617: BSc Sport Science, PE & Coaching year 3 (BSC/SSCPE)
- C64P: BSc Sport Science, PE and Coaching with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SSCPEP)
- C618: BSc Sport Sci: Strength & Conditioning year 3 (BSC/SSSC)
- C65P: BSc Sport Science: Strength & Conditioning with Placement Yr year 4 (BSC/SSSCP)