International Experience Placement
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
120.000 Credyd neu 60.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Jonathan Moore
The International Experience Placement module provides an opportunity for students to extend their understanding of their degree subject area by a period of study or work abroad. The module will also raise students' awareness of cross-cultural and transnational issues as they apply both within and outside their degree subject. It is expected that the module, as part of their degree course, will enhance students’ experience and employment opportunities.
Each student will spend an extended period studying at a Host Institution or working overseas. During the module students will pursue studies, or other activities, relevant to the degree subject area. They will learn about the country in which they are based, with particular emphasis on understanding and applying subject-specific knowledge in a different cultural setting. The content of the modules will be designed for each student in discussion with the Host Institution/Employer and will include elements of directed learning and/or supervision.
The report is logically structured and with threads that create a holistic, coherent whole. It contains detailed and insightful descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described with some exploration of the synergies between the various sources of knowledge. There is a well argued, critical analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge. The student offers insight into how the methods and processes of the host institution could impact positively on teaching and the student experience in SHES. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates her/his learning experience, both as a retrospective description of the placement experience and as a critical reflection on how the experiences might shape future learning. This reflective process uses a referenced reflection methodology
There are weaknesses in the way that the report is structured, resulting in repetition and/or lack of clarity. It contains descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student but with evidence that the descriptions have not been fully developed. Knowledge directly related to the student’s degree subject is described but with little emphasis on any other knowledge acquired. There is little analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge and there is no evidence of critical evaluation. The report includes content in which the student evaluates her/his learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with little emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
The report is logically structured. It contains detailed descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described. There is some analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge but there is little critical evaluation. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates her/his learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with only some emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
Have acquired knowledge that will enhance their detailed understanding of their degree subject area.
Critically evaluate how understanding and application of subject-specific knowledge is influenced by multi-cultural and transnational issues.
Be able to evaluate their learning experience in a general and subject-specific context.
|International Experience Year: Placement Report||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
The Tutorials (in-module) may comprise timetabled training sessions at the Host Institution and/or less formal, but regular, work-placement training. The Tutorials (in-module) will be delivered at the equivalent of 10 hrs per week. The actual times will vary depending on the nature of the placement and specific details will be included in the agreement with the Host Institution.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- develop transferable skills of relevance to careers outside of sport, health and exercise sciences.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
It is expected that costs directly associated with the placement will be covered by funding arranged through the University or as otherwise defined in the agreement between the University and the Host Institution. Students will be responsible for any additional costs, e.g. for activities that are not part of the agreement between the University and the Host Institutions, and for arranging insurance cover for these activities.