To support this essential work the school has established an Equality, Diversity and Athena Swan committee (also known as the Self-Assessment Team; SAT) which is made up of a variety of staff and students across all areas of the School.
The group’s main aims are:
• Assess gender equality in the School and identify challenges and opportunities;
• To develop and execute an action plan to embed Equality and Diversity into the everyday operation of the School;
• To help develop and maintain a positive organisational structure and culture with Equality and Diversity in work and learning environments.
Dr Eleri Sian Jones is the Lead for Equality, Diversity and Athena Swan lead in the School. If you have any queries or would like to be involved in this work then please do get in touch.
Here are some useful links relating to activities and initiatives working on increasing equality and diversity in sport:
- Women in Sport & Exercise academic Network
- Women's Sport Trust
- Get active (WheelPower)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Youth Sport Trust)
Here are some useful links relating to activities and initiatives working on increasing equality and diversity in psychology: