Jobs and Opportunities
This webpage is for job, volunteering and scholarship opportunities.
If you would like to advertise a job/opportunity on this page, please send details to email@example.com
Forest Planners for ‘Forestry and Land Scotland’
We are looking for enthusiastic people who have an interest in making the most of the opportunities that Scotland's land has to offer, are knowledgeable about wider issues such as climate change and long term sustainable land use, and are keen to develop practical solutions to ensure our land is in good heart for future generations.
Project Manager- Fferm Ifan Ecosystem Service Improvement Scheme (3-year contract, part-time)
Publishing Assistant, Scientific Reports
- Springer Nature are currently looking to recruit recent graduates to join Scientific Reports as Publishing Assistants. These opportunities are particularly suitable for those who are now looking for their first science-based job after graduation. Applicants will need to be able to start work within the next month, ideally immediately. Further information.
Join our team of Demonstrators
The College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering is seeking to recruit demonstrators to support teaching, particularly laboratory and field based work. Demonstrating provides an opportunity to gain experience in teaching, which will be an essential aspect of the CV for those wishing to make a career in Higher Education. Prior to the start of the academic year, a list of opportunities will be posted on our website.
Suitably qualified and eligible students, and particularly research students, are encouraged to apply to join our team of demonstrators. Ideally, applicants should be studying for a PhD in a relevant subject, but applicants with other postgraduate qualifications or good Honours degree may be considered. Duties may include assisting with teaching in laboratory classes or field courses in biology, zoology, geography, oceanography, marine sciences, conservation and environmental sciences. Experienced applicants may also assist with marking, tutorials and seminars. Research students should discuss the extent of their contribution with supervisors before applying.
Candidates should complete the online form, indicating particular subject or opportunities they are qualified to assist with, and attached a brief CV. Module Organisers will carry out the selection process, and they will contact successful candidates directly.
The rate of pay is £13.22 per hour for Demonstrators and £20.90 for Tutorial Teaching. Postdoctoral researchers are welcome to contribute but cannot be paid additionally if they have employment contracts with the University. Payment will be monthly in arrears on submission of a casual fee payment (blue) form, which can be obtained from the School contacts listed below. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK must be shown prior to starting the work. Visa nationals may be restricted to either 10 hours or 20 hours per week depending on their individual visas. Authorised forms should be submitted to the Finance Hub in Memorial Building by the 4th of each month.
- Natural Sciences – Alison Evans, Room G20 Thoday Building
- Chemistry – Tracey Roberts, Room G20 Thoday Building
- Computer Sciences and Electronic Engineering – David Jones, Dean Street
- Ocean Sciences – Judy Davies, Room 240 Westbury Mount
- College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering – Jane Lee. Room G7 Memorial Building
- Treborth – Jane Smith. Treborth
- Biocomposites Centre – Laura Brandish. 8th Floor Alun Roberts Building