Our staff are active in the following areas of research
- Conservation Science
- Crops and Livestock
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Rivers and Catchments
- People, Space and Place
- Geospatial Analysis
- Testing sewage has helped track Covid - soon it could reveal much more about the UK's health
23 March 2022
- Mapping the litter problem with social-media
21 February 2022
- Orphaned elephants struggle to assess the threat posed by roaring lions
18 February 2022
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission scholarships available for MSc programmes in Agroforestry and Tropical Forestry at Bangor University. Apply now!
4 February 2022
- BANGOR REACHES TOP 15 POSITION IN SUSTAINABILITY LEAGUE TABLE
28 January 2022
- Read all news
Research in Environment and Natural Resources
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our research was rated as being at least ‘internationally excellent’ with more than 25% being ‘world leading’.
We maintain a world-class reputation for research. Bangor University achieved a very strong performance in our subject areas in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment of UK universities.
Outputs of 69% of the school’s staff were submitted to REF2014 from across its research portfolio, including soil science, climate change impacts and mitigation, catchment science, environmental microbiology, environmental pollution, crop science and breeding, conservation, ecological economics, forest and agroforestry science, ecosystem services Chemistry, Biological Sciences and geography.
Partners and Collaborators
Our staff work with a wide range of partners, from local organisations through to UK, European and international institutions.