+44 7426954981 (United Kingdom)
+ 965 97948493 (Kuwait)
School of Environment, Natural Resources & Geography (SENRGy) G1, Thoday Building
1- Advanced Studies Diploma (Management, Access, and Conservation of Biodiversity: The International Framework) from the International University of Andalucía, Spain 2011.
2- Master's Degree in Management, Access, and Conservation of Species in Trade from the International University of Andalucía, Spain 2010. Thesis title: Assessment of the trade of falcons and their use in the State of Kuwait as well as suggestions for improving compliance and controls) (https://cites.unia.es/file.php/1/files/trade-falcons.pdf).
3- Bachelor of Science Degree majoring in Zoology and minoring in Psychology from the Faculty of Science, Kuwait University 2004.
Conservation Biology: Ecological and genetic studies on the Arabian spiny-tailed lizard Uromastyx aegyptia microlepis BLANFORD, 1875 in the State of Kuwait.
Dr. Wolfgang Wuster (Bangor University), United Kingdom.
Dr. Matt Hayward (University of Newcastle), Australia
Dr. Majed Alnaqeeb (Kuwait University), State of Kuwait.
Dr. Mostafa Mahmoud (Suez Canal University), Egypt.
Dr. Marcos Silva (Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research), Uruguay.
Describe your research
The aim of this research is to study the ecology of Uromastyx a. microlepis in the State of Kuwait including species density, distribution, abundance and other parameters to more accurately assess its status in the country and to identify any genetic differences which might have developed between subpopulations living in a highly degraded environment and those living in a protected area following the Gulf War (1991).
Public Authority of Agriculture Affairs & Fish Resources (PAAF), State of Kuwait.
- 1999-2004: Student at Kuwait University (Bachelor of Science Degree).
- 2005 to present: Employed at Kuwait Zoo, the Public Authority of Agriculture Affairs & Fish Resources (PAAF).
- 2009-2010: Master student at International University of Andalucía, Spain.
- 2011: Advanced Studies Diploma in Management, Access, and Conservation of Biodiversity, International University of Andalucía, Spain
- 2016 to present Ph.D. student at Bangor University.