Notable Publications 1973-2013
1973: Observations on vegetation of northeastern mato grosso. 1. Woody vegetation types of xavatina-cachimbo expedition area.
- 1976: Effects of environmental change on wood production and wood structure in Picea sitchensis seedlings.
- 1977: Some quantitative effects of indoleacetic acid on wood production and tracheid dimensions of Picea.
- 1978: Model describing axial-flow of liquids through conifer wood.
- 1979: Ecological role of bryophytes in north wales woodland.
- 1980: Woodland regeneration in relation to grazing and fencing in Coed-Gorswen, North Wales.
- 1986: The influence of neighbors on the growth of modular organisms with an example from trees.
- 1987: The influence of neighbors on the growth of trees .1. The demography of buds in Betula pendula.
- 1988: The hot-pressing of dry-formed wood-based composites. 1. A review of the literature, identifying the primary physical process and the nature of their interaction.
- 1989: Demographic-studies of a dioecious tree. 1. Colonization, sex and age structure of a population of Salix cinerea.
- 1991: Hurricane effects on forest ecosystems in the Caribbean.
- 1994: Sprouting of trees in Jamaican montane forests, after a hurricane.
- 1995: Damage and responsiveness of Jamaican montane tree species after disturbance by a hurricane.
- 1996: A taxonomic, biogeographical and ecological overview of invasive woody plants.
- 1997: Celluose: the structure slowly unravels.
- 1999: The influence of oak seasoning and toasting parameters on the composition and quality of wine.
- 2000: Metal toxicity and ectomycorrhizas.
- Review: Current internationalresearch into cellulosic fibres and composites.
- Cadmium-induced changes in antioxidative systems, hydrogen peroxide content, and differentiation in Scots pine roots.
- Approaches to quantifying forest structures.
- Soil amino acid turnover dominates the nitrogen flux in permafrost-dominated taiga forest soils.
- 2003: Production, turnover and mycorrhizal colonization of root systems of three Populus species grown under elevated CO2 (POPFACE).
- 2004: More new carbon in the mineral soil of a poplar plantation under Free Air Carbon Enrichment (POPFACE): Cause of increase priming effect?
- The carbon we do not see – the impact of low molecular weight compounds on carbon dynamics and respiration in forest soils: a review.
- Forest response to elevated CO2 is conserved across a broad range of productivity.
- 2006: Mycorrhizal hyphal turnover as a dominant process for carbon input into soil organic matter.
- 2007: Tree roots in a changing world.
- 2008: Functionality of restored mangroves: A review.
- 2009: Whole tree harvesting can reduce second rotation forest productivity.
- 2010: Stump harvesting for bioenergy – a review of the environmental impacts.
- 2011: Bryophytes attenuate anthropogenic nitrogen inputs in boreal forests.
- Tree species diversity interacts with elevated CO2 to induce a greater root system response.
- Elevated CO2 enrichment induces a differential biomass response in a mixed species temperate forest plantation.