Tropical Forestry (International Commonwealth Scholarship)
Application to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC)
Applicants who do not apply directly to the CSC cannot be considered for a CSC scholarship on MSc Tropical Forestry (distance learning).
In order to be considered for nomination for a CSC scholarship, you must apply directly to the CSC.
The 2019 application round is a two-stage process with two deadlines. All applications must be submitted by midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22nd March 2019 (1) at the latest. All applications must include the following supporting documentation by 12:00 PM (BST) on 5th April 2019 (2) in order for their applications to be eligible for consideration:
- Copy of valid passport or national ID card showing photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- At least one reference – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system. Referees will be sent an email request however applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees in advance of submitting their application; for ensuring that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline; and that the referees have received the reference request email.
- An offer letter to start chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
The CSC online application portal is now open and you should now:
- Access the CSC Electronic Application System via http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/distance-learning/
- Carefully read the information guide for distance learning candidates
- When you are ready to commence the application procedure, click on the link just below, titled "Click here to Access the System".
- All queries from candidates about the CSC EAS should be directed to email@example.com.
Bangor University scholarship nomination procedure
- In order for us to nominate the most suitable applicants, we shall select candidates for scholarships based on the batch applications to the CSC EAS. To assist us in this, please outline the following in the Future Career Plans (Objectives during the award) section of your CSC EAS application form
- Why you want to study tropical forestry at postgraduate level
- Why distance learning is your preferred route for undertaking further education
- Why you are well-suited to study by distance learning
- How your registration on a distance learning forestry programme will fit into your existing work and personal commitments
- You may also add other relevant information and/or experience you feel is necessary to support your application.
- Two genuine references.
- Once we have drawn up a shortlist, we will arrange telephone interviews with applicants in late March/early April. Therefore, you MUST include both your email address and a telephone number by which we can contact you. Applicants who we are unable to contact via email or telephone for interview will not be shortlisted.
Application to Bangor University
Applicants wishing to be considered for a scholarship must apply to Bangor to gain an offer letter for the course (which is part of the scholarship application process this year for the first time). Applicants who are shortlisted by Bangor University for the CSC scholarship will be contacted by email to arrange a telephone interview. We will then submit our nominations (10 nominees plus 5 reserves) to the CSC who will make the final decisions. We expect the CSC to announce their final decisions by July 2019.
Publication date: 14 February 2019