- There are no forthcoming events in the calendar
- View all events
NWCPCR on TwitterTweets by @NWCPCR
What is the North Wales Centre for Primary Care Research (NWCPCR)?
We are a research and teaching group that form part of the School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University. We aim to conduct high-quality primary care research that impacts upon clinical practice and health policy and is a core part of the Bangor Institute of Health and Medical Research (BIHMR).
Our main strategic areas are:
- Cancer in primary care – ‘Diagnose Quickly Follow Up Safely and Survive Well’
- Musculoskeletal and rehabilitation research
Prior to November 2011 we were the North Wales Section of the Department of Primary Care & Public Health, Cardiff University. Our main base is on the ‘north-east’ campus in Wrexham, although some of our staff are based in Bangor.
We work closely with:
- Clinicians, locally within Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, and elsewhere
- Public Health Wales
- Wales Government
- Leading researchers in other Centres and Institutes within Bangor University
- Leading researchers in universities in the UK and internationally
We have methodological expertise in a number of areas. We conduct evidence syntheses (including realist syntheses), randomised trials, epidemiological studies and qualitative studies. We host doctors in training (academic GP registrars, and academic Foundation Year 1 doctors).
We have an increased trajectory of external peer reviewed grant income, won competitively through national competition. Our work is published in high-quality peer-reviewed journals with significant clinical readership. We have a programme of regular training, seminars and workshops, and an active PhD programme.
Potential PhD students
We welcome approaches from potential PhD students.