Dr William Schneider
Swyddog Ymchwil Ôl-Ddoethurol
I am a researcher in natural sciences with a background in electronic engineering. Currently, I have a Research Officer position in the Bangor Animal Navigation Group.
I have experience conducting behavioural research with crickets, sheep, and bats, applying tech to automate and standardise the data collection process. I am also experienced in data analysis and visualisation, this has included signal/audio/video processing, animal tracking data, and physiological measures such as eye movements, EEG, and heart rate.
At Bangor I am investigating bats to see if they are able to use the Earth's magnetic field to navigate.
 - Schneider WT et al., Vestigial singing behaviour persists after the evolutionary loss of song in crickets. Biology letters, 14(2), p.20170654
 - Schneider WT et al., Characterising sleep spindles in sheep. eNeuro, 7(2), ENEURO.0410-19.2020
 – Vas S, Casey JM, Schneider WT, Kalmar L, Morton AJ. Wake-promoting and EEG spectral effects of modafinil after acute or chronic administration in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington’s disease. Neurotherapeutics, 17, 1075–1086
 - Rayner JG*, Schneider WT*, Bailey NW. Persistence of singing effort after morphological song loss in Hawaiian cricket populations. Biology letters, 1620190931 *contributed equally
 - Sorby-Adams A J*, Schneider W T* et al., Measuring executive function in sheep (Ovis aries) using visual stimuli in a semi-automated operant system. JNEUMETH, Volume 351, 109009 *contributed equally
 – Schneider WT et al., Abnormally abrupt transitions from sleep-to-wake in Huntington’s disease sheep (Ovis aries) are revealed by automated analysis of sleep/wake transition dynamics. PLOS ONE, 16(5): e0251767
- CyhoeddwydOver 50 years of behavioural evidence on the magnetic sense in animals: what has been learnt and how?
Schneider, W., Holland, R. & Lindecke, O., Maw 2023, Yn: The European Physical Journal Special Topics. 232, 2, t. 269-278 10 t.
Allbwn ymchwil: Cyfraniad at gyfnodolyn › Erthygl adolygu › adolygiad gan gymheiriaid
- CyhoeddwydSense of doubt: Inaccurate and alternate locations of virtual magnetic displacements may give a distorted view of animal magnetoreception ability
Schneider, W., Holland, R., Packmor, F. & Lindecke, O., 20 Chwef 2023, Yn: Communications Biology. 6, 1, 8 t., 187.
Allbwn ymchwil: Cyfraniad at gyfnodolyn › Erthygl › adolygiad gan gymheiriaid