Bangor University welcomes students from all over the world and is proud of the achievements of its international alumni. The Development and Alumni Relations Office host reunions and events around the globe and are always delighted to see so many alumni attend to catch up with each other and meet members of visiting Bangor University staff. Annual reunions are held in the Kingdom of Bahrain and China and events have been held in the USA, Greece, Singapore and Hong Kong to name but a few!
Bangor University has links with educational institutions all over the world such as Harvard University in the USA and the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance in the Kingdom of Bahrain and groups of alumni have come together in these locations to support the partnerships.
Could you support Bangor University in your home country?
Bangor University is grateful for the support of alumni volunteers in key locations around the world who take pride in their association with University and wish to help raise its profile internationally.
As a volunteer you can support Bangor University by sharing your experiences with prospective students, expanding the alumni network in your region and sharing your knowledge of your country’s life and culture.
You can assist us with events such as briefings for new students, careers events and welcome receptions for students returning to your region. You will have the opportunity to make contact with fellow alumni in your city and country for social and business networking as well as developing links with University staff visiting your region.
If you are an international alumnus and are interested in helping raise the profile of Bangor in your region, we would love to hear from you! Please email Bethan Perkins at: email@example.com
See Bangor University’s International Education Centre’s pages for more information of the work they do in your country.
International Alumni of the Year
Every year Bangor University considers candidates for Alumni of the Year awards. An Alumnus of the Year award recognises the achievements, both professional and personal, of our graduates. Read more about our International Alumni of the Year recipients below.
- Zahra Al Shamma (Banking and Finance, 2013) - Bangor / BIBF Alumnus of the Year 2022
- Fatema Bastaki (Banking and Finance, 2012) - Bangor / BIBF Alumnus of the Year 2019
- Yingying Liu (Linguistics, 2014) - China Alumnus of the Year 2019
- Michelle Han (MBA, 2004) - China Alumnus of the Year 2018
- Mohamed Al-Mahroos (Banking & Finance MSc, 2012) - Bangor / BIBF Alumnus of the Year 2018
- Mohamed Ashoor (Business Studies and Finance, 2011) - Bangor / BIBF Alumnus of the Year 2017
- Prof. Yanjing Wu (Psychology PhD, 2008) - China Alumnus of the Year 2017
- Amina Rashid Al-Alaiwi (Accounting and Finance, 2010) - Bangor / BIBF Alumnus of the Year 2016