- Branding destinations: symbolic and narrative representations and co-branding
Rowley, J. & Hanna, S., May 2020, In : Journal of Brand Management. 27, 3, p. 328-338 11 p.
- Perswadio a Hyrwyddo
Parry, S., Roberts, L. & Wyn, E., 2020, Cyflwyniad i Farchnata. Roberts, L. (ed.). Pontypridd: Prifysgol De Cymru, p. 274-296
- Place and Destination Branding: a review and conceptual mapping of the domain
Hanna, S., Rowley, J. & Keegan, B., 20 Oct 2020, In : European Management Review. 37 p.
- Solving dissociative group effects using construal level theory
McGowan, M., Hassan, L. & Shiu, E., 6 Jan 2020, In : European Journal of Marketing. 54, 1, p. 212-237
- Circular Business Models
12 February 2021
- Assessing the Potential for a Local Land Value Tax in Wales
4 May 2020
- Tax Havens: Public vs Private (unlisted) Firms’ Corporate Tax Avoidance
11 February 2020
- The rise of the SPAC – Should we be worried?
25 November 2019
- Ambidexterity – the next phase of leadership?
31 October 2019
- All blog posts
Consumers and Communications
Recent PhD students associated with this cluster: Surbhi Jain, Thi Hong Ngoc Nguyen and Qing Sun
The researchers in the consumers and communications cluster are broadly focused on understanding consumers in various contexts and cultures, investigating the impact of business and governmental strategies mainly in the communications area.
Our research seeks to understand how consumer perceptions and judgments are formed and influence the decision-making process across diverse contexts. Our research focus spans for-profit and non-profit contexts as well as having a special interest in examinations across cultures. The cluster’s research embraces both quantitative and qualitative methods and draws on an eclectic mix of theories including place attachment theory, stakeholder theory, and social identity theory. Information about our recent consumer research event can be found here.
Some of our recent/ongoing projects include:
- Place attachment related to smoking and places
- The effectiveness of alcohol warning labels, for more info see: www.alcoholwarninglabels.info
- Branding destinations online: symbolic and narrative representation and co-branding
- Establishing when identity communications backfire
If you would like more information about our current research projects or our cluster, please email Prof. Louise Hassan: firstname.lastname@example.org