Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
60.000 Credydau neu 30.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Gwion Williams
To provide an opportunity initiate, plan and accomplish a substantial piece of work entailing an extensive review of the existing published theoretical and empirical literature on a clearly defined topic, augmented by the application of quantitative or qualitative methods in further analysis of that topic.
There is no set syllabus. The dissertation encourages students to develop a critical awareness of the professional skills relevant to the strategic management of a variety of business practices. Students choose their research topic, provided that there is suitable and sufficient reading material available, and a member of staff is available to supervise in the chosen area of study.
Work demonstrating an adequate attempt at acquiring and applying knowledge.
Content 1. Partial identification of the issues 2. Adequate understanding and use of appropriate conceptual frameworks, experience and facts; some errors 3. Some evidence of consulting source material 4. No originality 5. Insufficient relevance
Structure 1. Links parts together, but lacks a coherent structure 2. Clear, but limited, objectives 3. Does not always reach a conclusion 4. Weakened by inappropriate or inaccurate use of language
Work of excellent quality in every respect. Focused and comprehensive, with critical depth and insight. Representing a model answer at the top end of the range.
Content 1. Concise and comprehensive identification of the issues 2. Excellent standard of critical analysis using appropriate conceptual frameworks and/or applying relevant experience and facts 3. Comprehensive and excellent use, evaluation and synthesis of source material 4. Shows fresh thinking and originality 5. Wholly relevant
Structure 1. Well structured and logically developed 2. Exceptionally clear, relevant and attainable objectives 3. Clearly spelled out and relevant conclusions 4. Supported by a good range and appropriate use of language
Work demonstrating high level of analytical and applied competence on a broad range of factors. Free of major errors.
Content 1. Clear identification of the issues 2. High standard of critical analysis using appropriate conceptual frameworks and/or applying relevant experience and facts 3. Good evaluation and synthesis of source material 4. Shows some fresh thinking and originality 5. Substantially relevant
Structure 1. Clearly structured and logically developed 2. Clear, relevant and attainable objectives 3. Relevant conclusions 4. Supported by an appropriate range and use of language
Satisfactory Work demonstrating clear ability to acquire and apply knowledge in a coherent, if uncritical, fashion.
Content 1. Good attempt at identifying the issues 2. Uses appropriate conceptual frameworks and/or relevant experience and attempts analysis 3. Some evaluation and synthesis of source material 4. Little originality 5. Adequately relevant
Structure 1. Reasonably clear structure 2 Reasonably clear, relevant and attainable objectives 3 Attempts to reach a clear conclusion 4 Rarely affected by inappropriate language
Identify a suitable topic for research.
Apply appropriate analytical, statistical, IT, research design, writing and other research skills in order to present relevant theoretical and/or empirical evidence on the chosen topic.
Compile, edit and present a substantial research report.
Plan, organise and manage an extensive research project on the chosen topic.
Make use of library and electronic resources to identify literature and locate data.
Synthesise and critically appraise a body of academic literature.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Numeracy - Proficiency in using numbers at appropriate levels of accuracy
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Safety-Consciousness - Having an awareness of your immediate environment, and confidence in adhering to health and safety regulations
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Teamwork - Able to constructively cooperate with others on a common task, and/or be part of a day-to-day working team
- Mentoring - Able to support, help, guide, inspire and/or coach others
- Caring - Showing concern for others; caring for children, people with disabilities and/or the elderly
- Management - Able to utilise, coordinate and control resources (human, physical and/or financial)
- Argument - Able to put forward, debate and justify an opinion or a course of action, with an individual or in a wider group setting
- Self-awareness & Reflectivity - Having an awareness of your own strengths, weaknesses, aims and objectives. Able to regularly review, evaluate and reflect upon the performance of yourself and others
- Leadership - Able to lead and manage, develop action plans and objectives, offer guidance and direction to others, and cope with the related pressures such authority can result in
Rhestr ddarllen Talishttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/abj-4901.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N3DN: MBA Banking and Finance (January Start) year 1 (MBA/BIFJ)
- N2BF: MBA Environmental Management (January start) year 1 (MBA/EMJ)
- N3DP: MBA Finance (January Start) year 1 (MBA/FINJ)
- N3DQ: MBA Islamic Banking and Finance (January Start) year 1 (MBA/IBJ)
- N1BS: MBA International Business (January start) year 1 (MBA/INTBUSJ)
- N2BE: MBA Management (January start) year 1 (MBA/MJ)