Financial Accounting 1
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
NOTE: If you are registered for BA/BSc Accounting and Finance, you must achieve a grade of at least 40% in this module in order to proceed to Year 3.
To provide advanced coverage of financial accounting and financial reporting, by examining the objectives and contents of selected key international accounting and financial reporting standards. The focus will be on the presentation of financial statements for publication, consolidated financial statements for groups of companies, equity accounting for associated companies, and tangible and intangible non-current and current assets. In each case current international accounting standards will be critically examined in the context of the range of accounting methods available.
Presentation of financial statements under international accounting standards; accounting for inventory; property, plant & equipment, including investment property; government grants; borrowing costs; intangible assets; impairment of assets; legal requirements of group accounting and preparation of financial statements for groups; accounting for associated companies.
B- to B+ Techniques used in accounting and financial statement preparation are fully shown but with some errors made in the detail of the computation. Final accounts and financial statements are substantially correct, but may contain a few errors. Conceptual awareness is shown beyond the basic level with evidence of some reading and development of ideas outside lecture material, but still with some misunderstanding not of a fundamental nature.
D- to D+ Basic techniques of accounting or financial statement preparation are shown but significant errors are made in accounting or in the final financial statements. Conceptual issues are covered in a superficial way with only limited additional material shown beyond the lecture content.
A- to A* Accounting and financial statement preparation shows full competence at the technical level, with correct or substantially correct accounts, disclosures and financial statements. There is demonstration of reading and thorough understanding at the conceptual level, with very few examples of misunderstanding.
C- i C+
C- to C+ A sound grasp of the techniques of accounting or financial statement preparation are shown but some errors are made in accounting or in the final financial statements. Conceptual issues are covered well, but with some misunderstanding, with use of additional material shown beyond the lecture content.
Understand the objective, development and application of international accounting and financial reporting standards in relation to the presentation of financial statements, non-current assets, and inventory.
Prepare consolidated financial statements, including associates, in accordance with international accounting and financial reporting standards.
Apply a critical and analytical approach to accounting and the development of accounting and financial reporting standards.
Understand the different types of relationships that can exist when a company invests in another company, including associates and subsidiaries, and apply the appropriate accounting methods.
|ARHOLIAD||Final examination 2 hours||
End of semester exam.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Classroom lectures, including the use of worked examples to demonstrate accounting computations.
Guidance to appropriate reading, and the use of computational examples to practice accounting and financial reporting.
Computational workshops, using pre-set examples.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 2 (BSC/AFBC)
- N392: BSc Banking & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 2 (BSC/BFINBC)