Second Year UK Forestry Study Tour
Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Mark Rayment
This module gives students the opportunity to see the practical application of natural resource management principles that are discussed in other parts of the programme. During visits to areas which are managed for a range of objectives, they will meet and discuss with different stakeholders and collect information relevant to a specific research topic. The assessment develops students' understanding of: (1) the similarities and differences between current forestry policies in England, Scotland and Wales; (2) the impact of forest policy on state, private-sector and community forest management.
Forestry policies in England, Scotland and Wales: history, development and current policies; financial incentives and forestry grant schemes. Implications of forestry policies for forest management: case studies (by field visit) of state, private sector and community forests in England, Scotland or Wales. Ecosystem services from forests: provisioning, regulating and cultural services.
Grade A- and above Students will have a comprehensive understanding of the current forestry policies in England, Scotland and Wales and be able to evaluate their implications for forest management. They will be able to describe and give numerous examples of the ecosystem services provided by forests, and be to discuss in detail their relative importance in England, Scotland and Wales.
Grade D- to D+ Students will be able to identify the main features of current forestry policies in England, Scotland and Wales and show some understanding of their implications for forest management. They will be able to identify the ecosystem services provided by forests.
Grade C- to B+ Students will have a well-grounded understanding of current forestry policies in England, Scotland and Wales and their implications for forest management. They will be able to identify and give examples of the ecosystem services provided by forests, and explain their relative importance in England, Scotland and Wales.
Explain current forestry policies in England, Scotland and Wales
Discuss the implications of these policies for state, private sector and community forest management
Understand how to describe and analyse the multifunctional use of forests, and be able to apply this understanding to a particular forest situation
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Comparison of Forestry Strategies within the UK||25.00|
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||Study tour logbook||25.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Read, understand and compare two national forest strategies
Individual work directed to final assessment
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk assessment and relevant legislation
- Conduct fieldwork and/or laboratory work competently with awareness of appropriate risk assessment and ethical considerations
- Consider issues from a range of interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Collect, analyse and interpret primary and/or secondary data using appropriate qualitative and/or quantitative techniques.
- Prepare effective maps, diagrams and visualizations.
- Engage in debate and/or discussion with specialists and non-specialists using appropriate language.
- Demonstrate the independence and skills required for continuing professional development
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students will have to provide their subsistence costs for two meals, daily and will need waterproof notebooks, waterproof clothing and boots.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/dxx-2016.html
This material is also posted via Blackboard and additional material is provided by host organisations and companies is posted on Blackboard
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- D503: BSc Conservation with Forestry with International Experience year 2 (BSC/CFIE)
- 5DKD: BSc Conservation with Forestry year 2 (BSC/CWF)
- 5DLD: BSc Conservation with Forestry (four year) year 2 (BSC/CWF4)
- D501: BSc Forestry (with sandwich placement) year 2 (BSC/F)
- D502: BSc Forestry with International Experience year 2 (BSC/FIE)
- D500: BSC Forestry year 2 (BSC/FOR)
- D50P: BSc Forestry with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/FP)
- F803: BSc Geography with Environmental Forestry year 2 (BSC/GEF)
- F804: BSc Geography with Environmental Forestry year 2 (BSC/GEF4)
- F807: BSc Geography with Environmental Forestry with Intl Exp year 2 (BSC/GEFIE)
- D512: MFor Forestry year 2 (MFOR/FOR)
- D514: MFor Forestry with International Experience year 2 (MFOR/FORIE)
- D513: MFor Forestry (with placement year) year 2 (MFOR/FORP)