School of History, Philosophy and Social Sciences BA Dissertation 2023-24
School Of History, Law And Social Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The dissertation will set the chosen research in its broader context e.g. scholarly literature, historiography, methodological and theoretical framework, archaeological/geographical framework. It will set research questions and a structure will be worked out. It will describe and analyse the chosen topic using a range of relevant secondary and primary sources/date. The project will be written up in an ordered and academic manner.
- Construct an argument and analyse the evidence/data in a relevant manner.
- Deliver an engaging and effective oral presentation followed by an informed response to questions.
- Evaluate and set the evidence/data in a broader context.
- Master how to gather primary and secondary research material for their project.
- Organise the report and dissertation and write at a sustained length in the latter.
- Present the project (including any illustrations, diagrams etc.) in a scholarly, professional manner