Solo Performance Year 1
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Iwan Llewelyn Jones
This module combines a programme of individual instrumental or vocal tuition with an introduction to a range of important issues which concern performers, including preparing and delivering a recital programme, effective practice techniques, working with other musicians, and different approaches to interpretation.
• Individual tuition from a designated teacher across the year. • Regular performance workshops devoted to topics such as practice techniques, musicianship and injury prevention. Participation in the workshops is scheduled, and every musician can expect to perform at least twice in public.
This module runs across Semesters 1 and 2.
This module is only available to students following BA (Music) and BMus programmes
Performance that demonstrates satisfactory technical preparation and some original interpretative ideas.
Performance that demonstrates a solid technique, clear evidence of independent thought and a convincing approach to interpretation.
Performance that demonstrates only a limited level of preparation with regard to technique, interpretation and communication.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the art of interpretation (how to structure a piece using key elements such as dynamics, articulations, tempi and historical performance practices).
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will have begun to establish a secure technique and laid the foundations for a sound understanding of their instrument or voice.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will have explored issues facing performers including choosing appropriate repertoire, developing efficient practising methods, working with accompanists (where appropriate) and dealing with performance anxiety.
Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to demonstrate the ability to perform with a secure and consistent sound on their chosen instrument or voice.
A solo instrumental or vocal performance lasting between 9-10 minutes. This counts for 80% of the total module marks and tests Learning Outcomes 1-4. The assessment will take place during the Semester 2 Assessment Period (May 2022).
|ARDDANGOSIAD/YMARFER||Interim Performance Test||
Interim performance - a workshop performance lasting 5 minutes. This counts for 20% of the total module marks and tests Learning Outcomes 1-4. The test will take place during the first workshop in Semester 2 (January 2022) with written feedback to follow.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Taking feedback from instrumental/vocal lessons/workshops and applying this to daily practice. This should be reinforced with research into composers, repertoire, recordings and scores.
|Practical classes and workshops||
Fortnightly performance workshops (2 hours each) in Semesters 1 and 2.
|Practical classes and workshops||
A total of 12 hours of individual tuition from designated teacher(s) across the year. The exact frequency and duration of lessons are to be agreed between teacher(s), student, and the Head of Performance. They will normally take place between Week 2 and Week 12 of each semester.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Musicianship skills – recognition, classification, contextualisation, reconstruction, exploration
- Re-creative skills – interpretation, innovation, versatility, and other skills relating to performance
- Intellectual skills specific to Music – contextual knowledge, cultural awareness, critical understanding, repertoire knowledge, curiosity, analytical demonstration
- Technological skills – digital capture, digital expression, digital innovation
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxp-1016.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- W305: BA Music with Game Design year 1 (BA/MUSGD)
- W3P5: BA Music with Journalism year 1 (BA/MUSJ)
- W3W4: BA Music with Theatre & Performance year 1 (BA/MUSTP)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 1 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 1 (BMUS/MUS)
- W32F: BMus Music [with Foundation Year] year 1 (BMUS/MUSF)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 1 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 1 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 1 (BA/ELM)
- 32N7: BA English Literature & Music with International Experience year 1 (BA/ELMIE)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 1 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 1 (BA/HMU)
- VW14: BA History and Music with International Experience year 1 (BA/HMUIE)
- WW39: BA Music and Creative Writing with International Experience year 1 (BA/MCWIE)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 1 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 1 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 1 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 1 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 1 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 1 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 1 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 1 (BA/MUSCW)
- W30F: BA Music [with Foundation Year] year 1 (BA/MUSF)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 1 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 1 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 1 (BA/PRM)
- VW2H: BA Welsh History and Music year 1 (BA/WHMU)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 1 (BA/WMU)
- H6W3: BSc Electronic Engineering and Music year 1 (BSC/EEM)