Astudiaethau Pwnc 3
Astudiaethau Pwnc 3 2022-23
School Of Educational Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Hazel Jane Wordsworth
• Analysis and critical reflection on pedagogy and models of cross curricular learning; • Critical analysis of models of cross curricular teaching and learning; • Critical analysis of the relevance of the ‘Big Ideas’ concept and its applicability to teaching and learning; • Critical analysis of key components - skills, pedagogy, attitudes, knowledge and processes; • Critical analysis of planning and delivery of cross curricular themes; • Analysis, with colleagues, of areas for development within school development planning and using this to formulate plans to be delivered in school; 2 of 804 Feb 2019 • Inclusion of pupil voice – what is pupil voice and how this can be included when planning learning opportunities across the Areas of Learning andExperience? • Assessing impact of teaching and learning through evaluation, reflection and dialogue; • Reflection on how the learners evaluate the experience of learning; • Implementing the cross-curricular responsibilities of literacy, numeracy and digital competency; Developing Welsh as a second language • Integrating subject-specific Welsh into the classroom; • Developing professional knowledge and expertise in Developing Welsh (university-based); • Evaluating the implications of integrating language and content teaching and cognitive academic language proficiency; • Further development of Associate Teachers' personal Welsh skills in order to identify their exit proficiency in Welsh and their expertise to teach through the medium of Welsh in accordance with the differentiated levels of achievement in accordance with the National Welsh Colleges Schemes Certificate; • Evaluating further opportunities to assess the standard and quality of learners’ Welsh language skills across the primary sector and how to make effective use of assessment information and achievement to identify areas for further development; • Critical analysis and evaluation of an array of action plans and case studies within school development plans e.g. to develop the use of formal/informal use of Welsh; improving a school bilingual community/ Welsh ethos; transactional competence; the impact of adopting a bilingual teaching strategy or learning resource on pupils’ Welsh language skill; • Developing professional knowledge and expertise in Developing Welsh (university-based); • Evaluating the issues and implications of integrating language and content teaching; • Evaluating issues relating to the assessment of bilinguals and how to assess the expected linguistic standards and quality of learners’ Welsh languag eskills and make effective use of assessment information to identify areas for further development; • Critical analysis and evaluation of an array of action plans and case studies in the context of Developing Welsh within school development plans e.g. evaluating formal/informal use of Welsh; improving a school bilingual community/ Welsh ethos; transactional competence; the effect of adopting a bilingual teaching strategy on pupils’ Welsh language skill; • Further development of Associate Teachers’ personal Welsh skills in order to identify their exit proficiency in Welsh and their expertise to teach through the medium of Welsh in accordance with the differentiated levels of achievement of the National Welsh Colleges Schemes Certificate or the Welsh Personal Literacy Programme of development for Welsh medium Associate Teachers. The four purposes of the curriculum areas will be embedded throughout the module: Developing children as: • Ambitious, capable learners, ready to learn throughout their lives; • Enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work; • Ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world; • Healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society. Research Methods and Methodology Research informed delivery and research based teaching: Evidence-based and research-informed learning underpins the content and the delivery of this module and will be presented in a way that encourages ATs to deploy techniques of analysis and argument of how theory and practice are blended. In this module ATs will be encouraged to analyse, synthesise and critically reflect on the latest theory and evidence based practice that underpins the pedagogy and classroom practices covered. The content and delivery of the module will encourage ATs to critically review arguments for the importance of developing their capacity to be consumers and producers of research and analyse, synthesise and critically reflect on the spectrum of research that informs teaching practice.Please also refer to the extended guidance in the supporting validation documentation 3 of 804 Feb 2019Academic Study Skills Enhanced development of (embedded within module content and assignment context):• time and task management skills;• reading for academic purposes;• critical thinking, analysis and developing an argument;• academic integrity and authorial voice;• information literacy;• reflective learning. Digital Competence Framework (DCF) a Cymraeg Pob Dydd and Curriculum Cymreig Reinforce and embed Cymraeg Pob Dydd to enable ATs to use and transfer Welsh language patterns and dialogue naturally, confidently andconsistently. Strategically select and critically examine enrichment activities that promote relevant aspects of the Curriculum Cymreig through different subjects and Areas of Learning and Experience. ALN, Inclusion and Differentiation Associate Teachers will be taking into account the diverse needs of the children in their placement setting and will vary accordingly. Health and Well-beingPupil voice will be discussed and Associate Teachers will be involving children during their planning and evaluation of the unit. The planning of meaningful and authentic learning experiences will be evaluated in terms of pupil personal, social and emotional development and how this has impacted on learning and engagement.*Note that all content and assessments will be explicitly linked to the new professional standards for teaching and Leadership. They can be found athttp://learning.gov.wales/docs/learningwales/publications/170901-professional-standards-for-teaching-and-leadership-en.pdfHow this module contributes towards the associate teachers progress against the professional teaching standards is tracked in an additional document.
- Archwilio'n feirniadol, y dulliau a'r strategaethau a ddefnyddir i gynnwys ac ennyn diddordeb dysgwyr wrth fyfyrio ar gynllunio a gwerthuso dysgu.
- Arddangos tystiolaeth o gymhwysedd uwch mewn sgiliau personol yn y Gymraeg, mewn perthynas ag awdit y Rhaglen ar adeg mynediad.
- Cynllunio a gwerthuso eu gwaith eu hunain yn feirniadol, mewn perthynas â’r ddamcaniaeth sy'n gysylltiedig â dysgu trawsgwricwlaidd/thematig/cyfannol.
- Cynllunio, mewn perthynas â gwella ysgol, cyflwyno a gwerthuso'n feirniadol uned drawsgwricwlaidd/thematig, gan nodi'r effaith ar ddysgu a chynnydd disgyblion.
- Dadansoddi'n feirniadol, y defnydd o addysgeg addysgu Cymraeg er mwyn llywio dysgu ac addysgu yn yr ystafell ddosbarth.
- Myfyrio’n feirniadol ar sut mae cyfrifoldebau trawsgwricwlaidd llythrennedd, rhifedd a chymhwysedd digidol wedi’u hymgorffori yn yr addysgu.
Logbook Or Portfolio
Welsh portfolio A
Logbook Or Portfolio
Welsh Portfolio B
Logbook Or Portfolio