Customer Consultancy Project
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
60.000 Credyd neu 30.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Louise Hassan
This module introduces you to research in action. Students will be provided with a research brief (by an academic member of staff) and must work either individually or in a team to design and collect data to answer the aim and objectives given in the research brief. The module will allow students to put into practice skills and insight that they have gain in the taught element of the programme to help solve a “real world” marketing problem. Students will be required to conduct both secondary and primary research. On completion of the module students will have gained practical experience in undertaking research, bridged the theory- practice gap and gained skills in effective oral and written communication.
Students can work individually or in teams on a brief provided by a member of staff. Students will be given a deadline to complete the team element of the project (this element involves the design and collection of primary data). The research will be written up individually in the form of a marketing report. Students individually will also present the work undertaken orally. There is no set syllabus as the tasks required will depend on the brief given. Students will have the opportunity to select a brief to work on from those available. No more than 4 students can work on the same brief.
C- to C+ (50-59%) Average Standard: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A* (70% + ) Excellent standard: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%) High Standard: Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills
Demonstrate skills in report and business writing for a variety of audiences.
Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to interpret and understand the relevancy of marketing theories and research data in tackling a real world marketing problem.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the marketing research process.
Confidently and competently present a 20 minute talk.
Plan, organise and manage an extensive consultancy-based marketing research project on the chosen topic.
|Consultancy Project Report||65.00|
|Consultancy Blog Post||15.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Independent working on the project and the assessments.
One 2 hour at the beginning of the summer term will introduce students to the background to the module and the requirements. Students will have three 2 hour meetings with staff to gain guidance in developing the team element of the project and a further 2 hours of individual meetings to gain guidance and feedback on the write up of the assignment. If the students choose to undertake the project as individuals, they will have 8 separate one hour meetings for guidance and feedback.
One-to-one individual meetings with a supervisor. Or a mix of group and individual meetings depending on the specifics of the project being undertaken. Normally 5 meetings over the course of the project.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N5AJ: MSc Consumer and Digital Marketing Analytics (January start) year 1 (MSC/CDMAJ)