Enterprise by Design
Enterprise by Design 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Introduction to entrepreneurship; Evolution of the Concept of Entrepreneurship; Characteristics of the entrepreneur; Creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship; The role of entrepreneurs in the economy and society; Entrepreneurship in large firms; Types of entrepreneurship; Defining small businesses; Entrepreneurship in the future.
Working within Double Diamond framework (Design Council), identify and communicate:
- Problem: Identify a specific need that requires either a new product and/or service.
- Solution: Develop a proposal that responds directly to the problem identified, with Design and Enterprise decisions informed by each of the BASE Specialist Domains.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Apply professional Design and Enterprise toolkit to synthesise knowledge from across the BASE Specialist Domains. Working in multidisciplinary teams to create commercial value.
- Appraising the relevance of creativity and innovation to the entrepreneurial process. Distinguishing the important role that creativity and innovation plays in the entrepreneurial process and how these can be selected to provide a formula for organisations to create commercial opportunities.
- Critically assess the viability of potential ideas, by examining different tools and conducting industry and market analysis to assess the commercial value of opportunities.
- Evaluate the characteristics of entrepreneurs within large and small firms, analyse their role in value creation. Examine the critical role of the SME sector in the economy, analyse how it influences our economic and social fabric.
Analyse an entrepreneur
Proposal and Exhibition
Business Concept Statement