Advanced Corporate Finance
Advanced Corporate Finance 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The module examines the theory and practice of corporate investment and financial decisions. Topics include: capital structure, dividend policy, efficient capital markets, agency theory, mergers and restructuring, foreign exchange and interest rate risk. Particular emphasis will be placed on topical areas within corporate governance and investments.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Apply insights from corporate finance theory to solve numerical problems.
- Appraise strength and weakness of various theories in finance.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and analyze finance-related news in the context of a specific corporate finance event.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of corporate finance issues by examining both empirical and theoretical research.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills in analysing a contemporary issue.
- Understand the fundamental principles of capital structure and payout policy.
2.5hr Exam S2
10 online tests (5 each semester) roughly every two weeks. One week to complete. 1 mark each test (pass if 60% mark achieved in each).