Work Placement 1 Year
Work Placement 2023-24
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The practical element of the module comprises a block placement (of 7 to 12 months) taken at the beginning or end of the level 6 year. Students will register for the programme in the spring of their second year and will be provided with guidance on locating and applying for a placement. They will attend a series of work experience workshops during the spring to prepare them for the job search, creating applications and CVs, and preparing for the workplace environment. The student may begin their work placement at a date to be agreed between the student and employer, but not until the end of teaching for their current semester. The student will spend 7 to 12 months at the place of work and under the supervision of their employer.
- Deal effectively with challenges in employment.
- Recognize and apply disciplinary understanding and subject knowledge to business and organisational issues and priorities in terms of both culture and economics.
- Respond positively to changing circumstances and new challenges.
- Understand and appreciate how businesses and organisations work and ability to act accordingly.
- Work with limited or no supervision and retain effectiveness while under pressure.