Human Aspects of Conservation
Human Aspects of Conservation 2023-24
School Of Natural Sciences
Module - Semester 2
Freya St John
The module will focus on the following key themes:
- Conservation and human behaviour
- Conservation and rural development
- Rule-breaking in conservation
- Conservation conflicts
The module will have a global focus and use examples from across the world.
- To be able to accurately explain and exemplify the social context of conservation activities.
- To be able to discuss approaches to understanding and evaluating the influence of human behaviour on conservation.
- To be able to manipulate a quantitative data sets and produce statistical outputs.
- To critically evaluate the impact of human behaviour on decision-making within conservation.