Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
1.000 Credyd neu 0.500 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Sopan Patil
The sandwich year may only be taken at the end of the second (i.e. level 5) year. Students are away for the whole of the academic year. The minimum period in placement (at one or more locations) is seven calendar months; more usually students spend 10-12 months with a sandwich placement provider. Students normally start sometime in the period June to September of their second year and finish between June and September the following year. Students should be willing to accept a placement in any part of the UK/World. All sandwich year placements have to be approved by SENRGy; the module co-ordinator and Health and Safety Officer. Placement documents should be submitted by the deadlines; unless discussed with the module coordinator and/or administrator.
The sandwich year may only be taken at the end of the second (i.e. level 5) year. Students are away for the whole of the academic year. All sandwich year placements have to be approved by SENRGy. The minimum period in placement (at one or more locations) is seven calendar months; more usually students spend 10-12 months with a sandwich placement provider. Students normally start sometime in the period June to September of their second year and finish between June and September the following year. You should be willing to accept a placement in any part of the UK. Assessment: As this year holds no credit there will be no formal assessment but you are required to submit a report reflecting on your time spent on placement.
Portfolio describes the placement organisation in detail, evaluates its position in its sector, explains in detail the work done by the student while on placement, makes critical and constructive suggestions for improvement at organisational and personal levels, and shows thoughtful engagement with the process of self-reflection.
Portfolio describes the placement organisation, explains the work done by the student while on placement, and shows some attempt at self-reflection.
Portfolio describes the placement organisation and explains its position in its sector, explains in detail the work done by the student while on placement, makes some suggestions for improvement at organisational and personal levels, and shows engagement with the process of self-reflection.
Reflect on their placement performance in terms of their strengths, weaknesses, personal skills and skills deficiencies
Explain the history, current activities and current structure of the organisation in which they spent their placement
Evaluate the position of the placement organisation in its sector
Describe in detail one area of the organisation's activities (if possible, one in which they were directly involved during the placement) and make suggestions for improvements in this area
Review their own contribution to this area of activity and to the organisation more generally
|GWAITH CWRS||Placement report||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Pre- and post-placement meetings and workshops
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Recognize and apply appropriate theories and concepts from a range of disciplines.
- Consider issues from a range of interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Apply subject knowledge to the understanding and addressing of problems.
- Understand the provisional nature of information and appreciate competing and alternative explanations.
- Recognize the moral, ethical and social issues relating to the subject.
- Collect and record data generated by a diverse range of methods.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk assessment and relevant legislation
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C183: BSC Appl.Terrestrial & Marine Ec 4 year 3 (BSC/APTME)
- DDL5: BSC Conservation and Forest Ecosys year 3 (BSC/CFE4)
- 5DLD: BSc Conservation with Forestry (four year) year 3 (BSC/CWF4)
- D448: BSC Environmental Conservation year 3 (BSC/ECON4)
- D501: BSc Forestry (with sandwich placement) year 3 (BSC/F)
- C332: BSc Wildlife Conservation with Place Yr year 3 (BSC/WLCP)
- C3L4: BSc Zoology with Conservation with Placement Year year 3 (BSC/ZCP)
- D513: MFor Forestry (with placement year) year 3 (MFOR/FORP)