Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credydau neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Panagiotis Ritsos
To describe structures, key concepts and standards of the World Wide Web. To provide practical exposure and theoretical understanding of the tools, technologies and techniques used to develop the content, presentation and interactive features of basic web sites and web applications. To teach how to build, test and debug web pages using a web browser, and ensure that these conform to accessibility and other industry-wide standards.
Indicative content includes:
- Basic principles of the structured Web.
- Syntax of HTML5 markup, CSS selectors, CSS box-model and synergetic layout techniques.
- Programming tools and environments of Web development.
- Established contemporary techniques such as web-fonts, icon-fonts, resource minification and responsiveness.
- Basics of search-engine optimisation and visitor analytics.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Demonstrate effective use of client-side mark-up and scripting languages for building websites and web-applications.
Use appropriate tools and techniques to develop, test and debug web sites.
Appreciate standards involved in Web development.
Explain the key concepts under-pining building and running websites and web-applications .
|MCQ Test (Lab-based)||25.00|
|Build a Personal Webpage||50.00|
|Critical Reflection on Personal Webpage Implementation||25.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Traditional lecture (2 hrs x 11 weeks).
Practical laboratory (2 hrs x 11 weeks).
Tutor-directed private study including revision.
Individual time required to complete the coursework component.
Up to 6 supporting tutorials.
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Identify emerging technologies and technology trends;
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 1 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 1 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/CISB1)
- IN02: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business (Franchised) year 1 (BSC/CISBF)
- I111: BSc Computer Information Systems with International Exp year 1 (BSC/CISIE)
- I11P: BSc Computer Information Systems with Industrial Placement year 1 (BSC/CISP)
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 1 (BSC/CS)
- G40B: BSc Computer Science (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/CS1)
- G40F: BSc Computer Science year 1 (BSC/CSF)
- I103: BSc Computer Science with Game Design year 1 (BSC/CSGD)
- I102: BSc Computer Science (with International Experience) year 1 (BSC/CSIE)
- G40P: BSc Computer Science with Industrial Placement year 1 (BSC/CSIP)
- GW49: BSC Creative Technologies year 1 (BSC/CT)
- H118: BSc Data Science & Artificial Intelligencetellig year 1 (BSC/DSAI)
- H113: BSc Data Science and Machine Learning year 1 (BSC/DSML)
- H114: BSc Data Science and Visualisation year 1 (BSC/DSV)
- H117: MComp Computer Science year 1 (MCOMP/CS)