Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Cameron Gray
- an authentic experience of completing a project in collaboration with an industry partner.
- theoretical and practical methods to plan and execute a long-running project working with others.
- exposure to relevant design, implementation, and evaluation documents and how to complete them.
- an introduction to evaluating wider impacts of work using the PESTLE mnemonic.
Indicative content includes:
- Project lifecycles.
- Design/Requirements analysis.
- Project documentation, e.g. plan/brief, requirements, testing and delivery documents.
- Team structures and working methods.
- PESTLE (Professional, Ethical, Social, Technological, Legal, and Environmental) concerns and their impact.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Apply project planning techniques appropriately.
Work effectively within a group to achieve a shared project.
Demonstrate an overall understanding of a project lifecycle.
Formulate appropriate documentation for each stage of a project, including use of appropriate design techniques and methods.
Understand the wider impact of a project, including assessing any PESTLE effects.
|Mini Project Planning Exercise||12.50|
|Industrial Partner Project||50.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Private study, revision, and completing assignments.
Group project (semester 2) including compulsory weekly meetings with an academic mentor.
2 hour lecture x 12 weeks (semester 1) taught material.
2 hour laboratory x 12 weeks (semester 1) practical implementation of taught material.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Access and synthesize information and literature sources;
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Communicate proposals persuasively and respond positively to feedback;
- Demonstrate an awareness of the need to work safely and comply within relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks;
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Knowledge of management techniques to achieve objectives
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Deploy tools effectively
- Work as a member of a development team
- Development of general transferable skills
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- System Design
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain computer-based systems
- Principles of appropriate supporting engineering and scientific disciplines
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ice-2002.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 2 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 2 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CISB1)
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 2 (BSC/CS)
- G40B: BSc Computer Science (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/CS1)
- G40F: BSc Computer Science year 2 (BSC/CSF)
- I103: BSc Computer Science with Game Design year 2 (BSC/CSGD)
- I102: BSc Computer Science (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/CSIE)
- GW49: BSC Creative Technologies year 2 (BSC/CT)
- H118: BSc Data Science & Artificial Intelligencetellig year 2 (BSC/DSAI)
- H113: BSc Data Science and Machine Learning year 2 (BSC/DSML)
- H114: BSc Data Science and Visualisation year 2 (BSC/DSV)
- H117: MComp Computer Science year 2 (MCOMP/CS)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- H612: BEng Computer Systs Eng (3 yrs) year 2 (BENG/CSE)
- H61B: BEng Computer Sys Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BENG/CSE1)
- H617: MEng Computer Systs Eng (4 yrs) year 2 (MENG/CSE)
- H619: MEng Computer Systems Engineering (with International Exper) year 2 (MENG/CSEIE)