Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
To present details of creative methods, technologies and visualisation for the purpose of storytelling and creating explanatory visualisation and developing high quality technologically rich instillations. To allow students to develop their programming and creative skills and make consideration of alternative designs, especially using sketching and low-fidelity techniques, in the context of creativity and visualisation. And to enable students consider the future of interactive creative, storytelling and graphical systems, and Virtual Reality.
Indicative content includes:
- Strategies for alternative designs, and design strategies for the development of explanatory visualisation systems and using the Five Design Sheets methodology. Structured methods to critique graphics systems, and methods to summarise and simplify of ideas.
- Graphical storytelling, explanatory visualisation, computer animation pipeline and techniques.
- Technologies and algorithms for rendering/realisation of creative visualisations. E.g., technologies to build interactive experiences, 3D modelling, model simplification, 3D simulation (such as grammar and fractal models), and realisation algorithms (including Z-buffer and ray tracing and how to make them efficient), 3D modelling (e.g., grammar systems and fractal modelling)
- Future of explanatory and creative visualisation, such as Immersive experiences and instillations such as CAVEs, Virtual Reality and the future of visual technologies.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Create, develop and deploy a software solution that uses computer graphics, and apply knowledge and skills to develop effective creative visualisation.
Critically reflect and evaluate solutions to decide if a solution meets the criteria, proposing alternatives or defend the chosen solution as appropriate.
Summarise important information of the algorithms, graphical concepts and ideas and contrast advantages and disadvantages of each.
Analyse problem domains and define appropriate computing and technological solutions, to prepare, plan and design, and create a creative visualisation that uses graphics and explains something.
Explain, present and demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of visualisation and realisation, rendering, and virtual reality techniques.
|ASTUDIAETH ACHOS||Topic Background Study||
Research and summarise the topic to be used for subsequent assessments.
|GWAITH CWRS||Design Exercise||
Design various options to explain the selected topic.
|GWAITH CWRS||Explanatory visualisation||
Create, develop an explanatory visualisation.
|ADDRODDIAD||Critical reflective report||
To report and critically reflect on the solution, and discuss how the system could be expanded in the future.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Private study and skill development.
Lectures covering the core material and presentation of the information.
|Supervised time in studio/workshop||
Ongoing regular workshops, allowing students to develop their skills, work through exercises and demonstrate their progress.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- System Design
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain computer-based systems