Software Prototyping Study
Software Prototyping Study 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1
Indicative content includes:
- The benefit of the prototyping method in developing industry-grade software solutions.
- The value of reflection as a tool for improving self-awareness and critical thinking skills.
- Personal and professional development planning.
- Reflecting forward.
- The measurement of progress towards goals.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Apply pertinent tools, software, and technologies to a work based problem.
- Communicate effectively with workplace stakeholders throughout a development process, and integrate feedback received.
- Develop systems/software using understanding, knowledge, and skills in the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluate and apply suitable programming and algorithmic techniques in a workplace context.
- In the workplace environment, critically identify issues surrounding data storage, use, and the relevant legal and ethical issues.
- Recognise the relevant quality, security, and risk issues present in the business environment.
Demonstration of the Developed Software
Build a software product/system/tool
Write a Critical Evaluation and Project Completion Report