Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Students on this module will gain an understanding of the importance of a holistic approach to leadership within their organisation and will become an influencer both within and beyond their workplace. They will also have an understanding of national policy and priorities and how they contribute to the broader organisational vision. Most importantly, they will be provided with an opportunity to propose changes within their own organisation to move towards a more collaborative system leadership approach.
A lecture series will provide an understanding of system leadership in Wales. These lectures will explore theory and research into system leadership, with specific focus on how this can be applied in accordance with the professional standards, governmental strategies, and current legislation. Each lecture will be accompanied by a reading list accessible through the University library.
Seminars will provide you with an opportunity to discuss and debate these key concepts in system leadership, with a specific view to establishing a collaborative system leadership and systems agenda within the workplace to effect transformational change.
Assessments will enable you to evidence your knowledge in an essay critically evaluating concepts of system leadership and a report for the employer providing recommendations for adopting collaborative system leadership within the organisation.
A* to A- • Insightful awareness into how organisations can adopt collaborative system leadership • Comprehensive knowledge of concepts relating to prevention and equity in health • Detailed understanding with no factual errors • Critical analysis showing evaluation and synthesis of ideas • Originality in approach, interpretation, and/or voice • Extensive independent research • Logically defended arguments with evidence for all claims • Highly focused and well structured • Excellent presentation with accurate and appropriate expression • Correct format in appropriate referencing style
B+ to B- • Some insight into how organisations adopt collaborative system leadership • Strong knowledge of concepts relating to prevention and equity in health • Clear understanding and mostly free of factual errors • Some analysis showing critical evaluation and links between ideas • Some originality in approach, interpretation, and/or voice • Some independent research • Coherent arguments with evidence for most claims • Focused and well structured • Good presentation with accurate and appropriate expression • Mostly correct format in appropriate referencing style
C+ to C- • Limited insight into how organisations can adopt collaborative system leadership • Some knowledge of concepts relating to prevention and equity in health • Understanding of the main concepts, but with factual errors in non-core concepts • Limited analysis showing only obvious points of evaluation and links between ideas • Highly limited originality in approach, interpretation, and/or voice • Highly limited evidence of independent research • Arguments presented but lack coherence with evidence for only some claims • Focused but with some irrelevant material and weaknesses in structure • Acceptable presentation with appropriate expression • Attempt at correct format in appropriate referencing style
Hold a professional-standards-based and research-informed personal conceptualisation of themselves as a leader within the context of healthcare
Demonstrate techniques and strategies (such as coaching, mentoring, leading, managing, etc) to facilitate both individual and organisational behavioural change.
Show critical insight into the role of collaborative system leadership and systems agenda with an applied ability to use them to effect transformational change in attitudes to health.
Engage in positive decision-making in complex situations, including initiating change through effective leadership behaviours.
|Critical Evaluation Essay||50.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1hr weekly seminar for 11 weeks Seminars may be delivered live on-campus or online.
Ten 1hr lectures covering the core subject content. Some lectures may be delivered pre-recorded with scheduled access to lecturers for questions live on-campus or online. Other lectures may be delivered live on-campus or online.
79hrs of independent study to complete associated readings and produce assessments
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Critical insight into the role of collaborative system leadership and systems agenda
- Applied understanding of how to use system leadership and systems agenda to effect transformational change in attitudes to health
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ila-4012.html
Macdonald, I., Burke, C. G., & Stewart, K. (2006). Systems leadership: Creating positive organizations. Gower Publishing, Ltd. Van Dyke, M. (2013). Systems Leadership: Exceptional leadership for exceptional times.