Rhedir gan School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Jennifer Cooney
The aim of this module is to allow students to complete a research project in an area of mutual agreement with their supervisor in the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences. Students will have the opportunity to produce an original piece of research work and integrate knowledge and skills developed previously during the course at undergraduate level (e.g. research methods).
The aim of this module is to allow studnets to complete a research project in an area of mutual agreement with their supervisor in the school of sport, health and exercise sciences. Students will have the opportunity to produce an original piece of research work and integrate knowledge and skills developed previously durning the course at undergraduate level (e.g. research methods).
Adequate answer to the question, No real development of arguments.
Reasonably comprehensive coverage. Well organised and structured. Good understanding of the material.
Comprehensive and accurate coverage of the area clarity of argument and expression. Depth of insight into theoretical issues.
Plan and conduct study designs that test a specific research questions and hypotheses;
Gain a basic awareness of ethical issues;
Select, execute and interpret appropriate statistical tests;
Interpret their research findings in relation to current knowledge and indicate how these might inform practice;
Students who successfully complete this module will, with the support of a supervisor, be able to:
Demonstrate an ability to use relevant literature to justify a specific research question and associated hypotheses;
Communicate their research project in poster or oral format, demonstrating an ability to answer questions about the project following the presentation;
Present a written report that effectively communicates the completed, viable, research project and thier understanding of it.
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||poster/verbal presentation||
Students will complete either a verbal presentation or present a poster at the Year 3 Conference. Verbal presentations will be 10 minutes plus 5 mins for questions. Students completing a poster presentation will be asked to give an overview of their work and answer questions from their supervisor and verifier. Presentations should demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of their chosen research study.
|Written assignment, including essay||WRITTEN PROJECT||
Students are required to produce a written report that effectively communicates the completed, viable research project and their understanding of it (word count 5000-6000 words)
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Supervisory support will form an important part of the teaching method, but ultimately, most of the learning will be student-centred. Module organisers will also provide lectures and workshops for project, abstract, poster and verbal communication guidelines. Statistics support is available from postgraduate students.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- research and assess paradigms, theories, principles, concepts and factual information, and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- develop a sustained reasoned argument, perhaps challenging previously held assumptions
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- undertake fieldwork with continuous regard for safety and risk assessment.
- demonstrate evidence of competence in the scientific methods of enquiry, and interpretation and analysis of relevant data and statistical outputs.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
- demonstrate effective robust data collection methods
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 4 (BA/ITSSC)
- CX63: Sports Science/Addysg year 3 (BA/SPSED)
- CR61: BA Sports Science/French year 4 (BA/SPSFR)
- CR62: BA Sports Science/German year 4 (BA/SPSG)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 4 (BA/SPSSC)
- CQ65: BA Cymraeg/Sports Science year 3 (BA/SPSW)
- C611: BSc Adventure Sport Science year 3 (BSC/ASS)
- C883: BSc Clinical Sports Science year 3 (BSC/CLSPS)
- CXP3: Addysg/Sports Science year 3 (BSC/EDSPS)
- CG61: Mathematics/Sports Science year 3 (BSC/MSPS)
- C680: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology year 3 (BSC/SEXP)
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 3 (BSC/SHES)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 3 (BSC/SHPE)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPS)
- C603: BSc Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPSC)
- C6N1: BSc Sport Science & Business Management year 3 (BSC/SSB)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 4 (BSC/SSIE)
- C602: BSC Sport Science (ODA) year 3 (BSC/SSOA)
- 2W68: BSc Sports Science (Outdoor Activities) (with Int Exp) year 4 (BSC/SSOIE)
- C612: MSci Adventure Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/ASS)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 3 (MSCI/SHS)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/SS)
- C609: MSci Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) year 3 (MSCI/SSOA)