Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
The Dissertation module has been developed to allow you to produce an in-depth and critical review of relevant research literature in an area that interests you. This choice might be based on your current sport, hobby, future career aspirations or simply because you are interested in a particular subject. This module gives you the perfect opportunity for independent study, where you will explore the research literature and develop an in-depth understanding and appreciation of a particular area, that is pertinent to the field of Sport Science. The Dissertation module will encourage you to be a critical thinker and enable you to put into practice the many competencies that you have gained throughout your undergraduate studies.
Supervisory support will form an important part of the teaching method, but ultimately, most of the learning will be student-centered. In this module you will gain experience in scoping the literature to identify a relevant research question, how to develop a search strategy, how to extract data/relevant information, how to critically review the literature and how to report your findings in your dissertation. In addition to the supervisory support that you will receive, the module teaching staff will provide workshops on reviewing/critiquing the research literature, how to prepare a poster presentation and how to present your data in your presentation and final written report. This module provides the opportunity to put into practice the competencies that you have gained throughout your undergraduate studies and across a range of disciplines, as well as transferable skills such as critical thinking and being able to disseminate findings effectively.
Most components of the written plan, presentation and final written dissertation are met to a good standard. There may be a wide range in the quality of the different components.
Most criteria are met to an adequate standard; there may be a wide range in the quality of different components of the written plan, presentation and final written dissertation.
Most components of the written plan, presentation and final written dissertation are met to an excellent standard.
Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of a chosen research area
Effectively synthesise and disseminate research findings in a succinct manner via a poster presentation and verbal communication
Effectively synthesise and disseminate research findings in a succinct manner via a written report
Consolidate literature review to compile a working bibliography
Demonstrate a deeper awareness of the processes involved in collecting information from a large body of research literature.
Critically review a body of relevant research literature.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Supervisory support will form an important part of the teaching method and it is the students responsibility to arrange regular meetings with their supervisor. Most of the learning will be student-led, however, in order to support students in this process there will be some additional timetabled sessions - module introduction seminar at the start of Year 3 and workshops in semester 1 and 2.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C616: BSc Sport and Exercise Science year 3 (BSC/SES)
- C63P: BSc Sport and Exercise Science with Placement Year year 3 (BSC/SESP)
- C617: BSc Sport Science, PE & Coaching year 3 (BSC/SSCPE)
- C64P: BSc Sport Science, PE and Coaching with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SSCPEP)
- C618: BSc Sport Sci: Strength & Conditioning year 3 (BSC/SSSC)
- C65P: BSc Sport Science: Strength & Conditioning with Placement Yr year 4 (BSC/SSSCP)