Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
60.000 Credyd neu 30.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Vicky Gottwald
Project management skills are integral for many employability pathways. This module has been developed to help you carry out your own project in an area of your choosing. This choice may be based on future career aspirations, previous experience and expertise, or equally, just because you are passionate about a particular research question. However, your project should be driven by a goal to contribute in a meaningful way to the current knowledge base within a specific area of interest to you.
This module provides the opportunity to work closely with, and be supported by, an expert member of staff on a one-to-one or small group basis to help carry out your project ideas. You will have the opportunity to gain ethical approval on your proposal, before collecting primary data, designed to help answer a research question of particular interest to you and the field. This module provides the opportunity to put into practice the competencies gained throughout your Masters across a range of disciplines e.g. subject specific expertise and statistical analytical skills, as well as transferable skills such as critical thinking or being able to disseminate findings effectively to academics and/or practitioners.
• Insufficient to fulfil the associated learning outcomes • Deficiencies in Knowledge even of key areas/principles • No evidence of understanding, even of main areas • No evidence of background study • Answer relies on tangential material and lacks a coherent structure • No arguments presented • Many factual/computational errors • No original interpretation • No links between topics are described • No attempt to solve problems • The presentation is very weak containing many inaccuracies
• Strong knowledge • Understands most but not all • Evidence of background study • Focussed answer with good structure • Arguments presented coherently • Mostly free of factual/computational errors • Some limited original interpretation • Well known links between topics are described • Problems addressed by existing methods/approaches • Good presentation with accurate communication
• Comprehensive knowledge • Detailed understanding • Extensive background study • Highly focussed answer and well structured • Logically presented and defended arguments • No factual/computational errors • Original interpretation • New links between topics are developed • New approach to a problem • Excellent presentation with very accurate communication
Obtain ethical approval for a research study;
Demonstrate an ability to use relevant literature to justify a specific research question and associated hypotheses;
Select, execute and interpret appropriate statistical tests
Interpret research findings in relation to current knowledge and indicate how these might inform practice via a written report
Communicate project findings / conclusions to a lay audience along with key application and implications
Select an appropriate journal, justify your rationale for this and format your written report (project) in line with this
|Written assignment, including essay||written project||80.00|
|GWAITH CWRS||Poster / Infographic||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
This module is made up of approximately 600 hrs of combined supervisory meetings and independent study. We would advise scheduling weekly meetings with your supervisor, where you will work closely with this member of staff to develop your research project. It is completely down to you to maintain contact with your supervisor and coordinate these meetings. Independent study will consist of reading, researching and academic writing. For September 2020 we will be starting the academic year with a blended learning approach in response to Covid 19. For the most up to date information on this please look at https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/september-faqs.php.en.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- research and assess paradigms, theories, principles, concepts and factual information, and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- develop a sustained reasoned argument, perhaps challenging previously held assumptions
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- plan and design practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- project manage and execute practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- recognise and respond to moral, ethical, sustainability and safety issues that directly pertain to the context of study including relevant legislation and professional codes of conduct
- undertake fieldwork with continuous regard for safety and risk assessment.
- demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical basis of scientific paradigms
- demonstrate evidence of competence in the scientific methods of enquiry, and interpretation and analysis of relevant data and statistical outputs.
- develop transferable skills of relevance to careers outside of sport, health and exercise sciences.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
- develop knowledge of psychometric instruments
- accurately interpret case study data
- develop justifiable and/or evidence-based interventions
- develop effective learning aids
- demonstrate effective robust data collection methods