Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
To introduce students to the basic written and spoken forms of contemporary Dutch, thus providing them with a foundation for further study and the opportunity to practice the basic elements of the languages.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving A2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
An introduction to contemporary Dutch language, presenting students with a foundation knowledge of modern Dutch in both its spoken and written form.
Set Text Gerdi Quist et al., Routledge Intensive Dutch Course (New York: Routledge, 2006)
Websites: SMLC offers a link list for all language students that covers the most important resources (newspapers, TV channels, online grammar and dictionaries, etc.) in the language(s) that they study: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ml/links-dutch.php.en
40-49%: Demonstrate understanding of basic forms of modern Dutch and able to communicate basic information.
50-69%: Demonstrate accuracy of expression and breadth of vocabulary in both written and spoken Dutch.
70+%: Demonstrate a secure grasp of the language commensurate with the time available for study. evidence of fluency and linguistic competence.
Display an awareness of key tenses, vocabulary and fundamental grammatical constructions.
Read and pronounce a given Dutch text with confidence.
Display an understanding of basic information and instructions in the target language in both formal and informal registers.
Demonstrate the capacity to produce short written texts.
Show the ability to hold dialogues in the target language.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
3 x 1 hour language sessions for 11 weeks. These will focus on the key skills of reading and writing, grammar, and aural and oral skills.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Studying the countries or regions where the target language is used, including aspects of their literatures, cultures, linguistic contexts, history, politics, geography and social or economic structures. (Benchmark statement 5.10)
- The ability to extract and synthesise key information from written and spoken sources in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.14)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in short written assignments in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.14)
- The ability to translate short passages into and out of the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Engaging with, interpreting and critically evaluating short and longer contemporary texts (short stories, films, novels) in the target language (Benchmark statement 5. 8, and 5.9)
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills (including delivery and argument development, discussion and defence) in the target language through individual and/or group discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in oral assignments, showing familiarity with a range of topics and registers in formal and informal situations. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Develop aural comprehension skills in the target language, supported by a wide range of appropriate materials in different media. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to read, understand and summarise written texts in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Sensitivity to and analysis of grammar and syntax in the target language, as well as basic morphology and phonology. (Benchmark statement 5.8, and 5.9)
- Basic reading and listening skills in the target language as well as vocabulary acquisition. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.7, and 5.10)
- The ability to make effective use of notes and to carry out independent study. (Benchmark statement 5.15)
- Develop verbal communication skills in the target language through group work and class discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.8)
- The ability to read, understand, translate, and write short texts in the target language (benchmark statement 5.13, 5.14, 5.15 and 5.16)
- Further develop students's verbal communication skills through group work and class discussions.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/lxg-2009.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N2R2: BA Business Management and German year 2 (BA/BMG)
- NR1F: BA Business Studies and German year 2 (BA/BUSSG)
- T105: BA Chinese and German year 2 (BA/CHG)
- T126: Chinese & German with Intl Exp year 2 (BA/CHGIE)
- WR92: BA German and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTG)
- W8R8: BA Creative Writing and Modern Languages year 2 (BA/CWML)
- QR3F: BA English Language and German year 2 (BA/ELG)
- PR32: BA Film Studies and German year 2 (BA/FSGER)
- RR12: BA German/French year 2 (BA/G4F)
- NR42: BA German/Accounting year 2 (BA/GA)
- NR32: BA German/Banking year 2 (BA/GB)
- R2N2: BA German with Business Management year 2 (BA/GBM)
- R2NC: BA German with Business Studies year 2 (BA/GBS)
- T109: BA German with Chinese year 2 (BA/GCH)
- MR92: BA Criminology&CrimJustice/German year 2 (BA/GCR)
- LR12: BA German/Economics year 2 (BA/GEC)
- 3N7S: BA German and English Literature year 2 (BA/GEL)
- R200: BA German year 2 (BA/GER)
- R2W8: BA German with Creative Writing year 2 (BA/GERCW)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 2 (BA/GERMKT)
- R2R1: BA German with French year 2 (BA/GERWFR)
- R12R: BA German and French with International Experience year 2 (BA/GFIE)
- R2W6: BA German with Film Studies year 2 (BA/GFS)
- RR23: BA German/Italian year 2 (BA/GI)
- R2R3: BA German with Italian year 2 (BA/GI4)
- R2P5: BA German with Journalism year 2 (BA/GJO)
- R2P4: BA German with Media Studies year 2 (BA/GMST)
- R2C8: BA German with Psychology year 2 (BA/GPSY)
- RR24: BA German/Spanish (4 years) year 2 (BA/GS)
- R2R4: BA German with Spanish year 2 (BA/GS4)
- 8Y64: BA German and Spanish (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/GSIE)
- R2C6: BA German and Sports Science year 2 (BA/GSPS)
- RV21: BA History/German year 2 (BA/HG)
- QR12: BA Linguistics/German year 2 (BA/LG)
- Q3R8: BA Linguistics and Modern Languages year 2 (BA/LML)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 2 (BA/MKTGER4)
- R800: BA Modern Languages year 2 (BA/ML)
- R807: BA Modern Languages & Criminology & Criminal Justice year 2 (BA/MLCCJ)
- R805: BA Modern Languages & Cymraeg year 2 (BA/MLCYM)
- R801: BA Modern Languages and English Literature year 2 (BA/MLEL)
- R803: BA Modern Languages & Film Studies year 2 (BA/MLFS)
- R804: BA Modern Languages & History year 2 (BA/MLH)
- R802: BA Modern Languages & Media Studies year 2 (BA/MLMS)
- R806: BA Modern Languages & Philosophy, Ethics & Religion year 2 (BA/MLPRE)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- W3R8: BA Music and Modern Languages year 2 (BA/MUSML)
- VVR2: BA Philosophy and Religion and German year 2 (BA/PRG)
- QR52: BA Cymraeg/German year 2 (BA/WG)