Advanced Spanish Plus
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To consolidate and expand on the contents delivered in the advanced level of the language.
- To enable students to develop more advanced oral skills.
This module runs during the second semester and is aimed at students with some prior knowledge of Spanish. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class. By the end of this course students will approach level B1-2 Threshold as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
Textbook: ELE Actual B1: Libro del Alumno + CDs, by Virgilio Borobio. SM. (2019 ed.)
(1) Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
An understanding of the following topics and functions: - Talking about oneself and others: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time both in the present and in the past - Expressing emotions - reacting to events - Applying for jobs - Giving and understanding instructions - Talking about hypotheses - expressing opinions and describing consequences
An understanding of the following grammar: - Present and past tenses (including pluperfect) - The subjunctive - The conditional - Conjunctions - Ser/Estar - Reflexive verbs - Prepositional verbs - Reported speech - The imperative - Conditional clauses
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week x 10 weeks.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach