Intermediate French Plus
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To consolidate and expand on the contents delivered in the intermediate level of the language.
- To enable students to develop more advanced oral skills.
This module runs during the second semester and is aimed at students with some prior knowledge of French. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class.
The textbook for this course is Foundations French 2, Palgrave Foundations Series Languages (2nd edn), by Kate Beeching and Annie Fontaine Lewis (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008) (ISBN 0-333-92235-2). By the end of this course students will approach level A2-B1 Threshold as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1) Students are expected to cover chapters 6-10 of their textbook.
(1) Level A2-B1: Competent in a limited range of language tasks, performed in familiar work and social contexts. Repertoire is equal to most routine language tasks and the user has sufficient grasp of grammar to cope with some non-routine tasks. This applies to all the 4 language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
An understanding of the following topics and functions: - Talking about oneself and others: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time both in the present and in the past - Giving and understanding information about age, weight, height, appearance - Comparisons - Applying for jobs - Making plans
An understanding of the following grammar: - Present and past tenses - Relative clauses - Future tense - Reflexive verbs - Modal verbs - Comparisons - Direct and indirect object pronouns - Order of pronouns - Imperative - The conditional - The passive
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week x 10 weeks.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach