Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
This module is aimed at students with some prior knowledge of Chinese. It is based on a communicative approach and helps students continue to develop all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening, as well as advanced grammatical structures of Chinese. The course will focus on the linguistic skills necessary to communicate effectively in daily life, study and work situations, to describe events and to express some ideas and views while engaged in discussion in a wide range of topics. Students will also review and consolidate the advanced structures and Chinese characters, developing both vocabulary and range of language structures. Both Chinese and English will be used as the language of instruction in class. The emphasis of the module will be on communication and acculturation with a view to preparing students for travel, commerce and work in the global context.
This module is aimed to reach the level between B1-B2 Independent User of the Common European Framework, HSK3.
As per the aims stated, this course is designed to further develop students’ skills in Mandarin Chinese. This course is still very much practice-based, focusing on listening and speaking, with a balance between communicative activities, structure practice, grammar and reading.
Consolidate the essential structures of Chinese and develop both vocabulary and range of language structures.
Further develop active and passive language skills, including comprehension skills in listening, productive skills in speaking, reading, and writing in simplified Chinese.
Deepen students’ understanding of the customs, culture, history and society of China and develop students’ awareness of the general social and cultural background of Chinese-speaking countries and regions.
Textbook: HSK 3 Standard Course for Advanced Chinese: HSK 3 Standard Course, Yu Miao and Li Lin (Authors), (Beijing Language and Culture University Press).
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various thematic grammatical and lexical areas studies, and an ability to implement them at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension for the various thematic, grammatical and lexical areas studies, and an ability to comprehend and produce the language confidently.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various thematic, grammatical and lexical areas studied and should demonstrate that considerable independent work has been done with a view to reaching an advanced knowledge of the language.
Demonstrate competence in the use of advanced grammatical structures of Chinese.
Read and comprehend a wide range of longer written texts on both concrete and abstract topics in Chinese.
Communicate effectively and fluently, both orally and in writing, for social and professional purposes, and produce clear written text on some subjects.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Language learning seminars 2 hours per week x 10 weeks (including 1-hour in class test in Week 5 and Week 10 respectively).
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.